Log In Sign Up

Peyton Rylee's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,636
On Tuesday, April 20th I had my 41 week appointment. We had an ultrasound done to make sure fluid levels were safe and that Peyton was still looking good. When the doctor checked me he told me that I was 1 cm dilated (the previous week I had no dilation) and the check was very painful and seemed like it lasted forever. Looking back I'm pretty sure he stripped my membranes. We set up to start my induction on Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. (Boy did Peyton have other plans!!) After my appointment I was crampy and had some brown discharge when I went to the bathroom (I just figured this was from the cervical check since it was such a rough one).

Zach and I went home Tuesday evening and grilled out and had a nice evening home with just the two of us since this would our last night as a family of 2! We went to bed around 9:30 or 10 but I was watching a movie so didn't fall asleep until about 11 pm. I slept from 11 p.m. to 12 a.m. and then was awake because I just had an uncomfortable feeling but I didn't really think anything of it because the last few nights I hadn't been sleeping good and I just thought maybe I was anxious because I knew my induction and baby would be here so soon! By 1 a.m. I was in a little pain but it was mostly a constant achy back and nothing that I could really time. I moved around the house from the bed to the couch to my ball to the toliet. I kept feeling like I had to poo and did alot! Definitely got myself all cleaned out. By 2 or 3 a.m. I knew for sure that I was feeling contractions because there were periods of pain that I think were lasting about 1 minute (again this was almost all in my back!) but because of the constant achyness I sucked at timing anything. If I had to guess I think they were around 4 to 6 minutes apart. I tried getting in the shower to see if the hot water would ease some of the pain, but it did nothing for me, so I soon got out. I decided to wake Zach up around 4 a.m. to let him know what was going on. I told him there wasn't really anything he could do at this point but I just wanted him to be aware that I was pretty sure I was in labor. I was worried about going to the hospital too early and being sent home so I was trying to stay home as long as possible. Also around 4 I started having lots of bloody show and kept losing lots and lots of globs of mucus. I called my mom around 4:30 a.m. to let her know what was going on. She told me that if I thought the contractions were 5 minutes apart I should start getting ready and head to the hospital. So Zach got up and we got our last minute things together and left the house around 5:15 a.m. I think.

The drive to the hospital is about 45 minutes but we arrived there about 5:45 a.m. (my mom arrived about 15 minutes later). That was the longest, worst car ride ever! When we arrived at the hospital we had to go through the ER and they wanted to do a cervical check there because I was complaining of really low back pain and feeling like I had to poop so they wanted to make sure that I wasn't complete. Well needless to say that ER doc freaked me out!!!!!! He checked me and said that I was 10 cm and baby was coming! I immediately went into panic mode because I was not mentally prepared to have this baby without drugs! The quickly whisked me up to L&D and as soon as the nurses were told that I was complete they asked what doc said that and when they were told the docs name the nurse immediately checked me again! I was 2-3 cm and 90% effaced!!!! Thank God was all I could think!! I guess this wasn't the first time that that doctor had done that!

So anywho...I was admitted and given some pain meds in my iv because they wouldn't give me an epidural until I was at 4 cm and I was begging for some relief. I was checked about an hour later around 7:30 or 8 I think and was 5-6 cm so they ordered my epidural!! Yay!! Once it was placed the rest of my labor was a breeze!!!! I was then checked again at 9 a.m. and was 8-9 cm and the doctor was called to come break my water. Well doc didnt arrive to break my water until around 11:30 a.m. When my water was broke I just had a tiny bit of cervix left on the right side so they had me lay on my right side and said that would help dilate me completely. Next time I was checked (around 12:45 p.m.) I was ready to start pushing!! I started pushing at exactly 1 p.m. It was definitely hard to know if I was pushing effectively since I couldn't feel anything but my nurse said I was doing fantastic and that my baby would be here in no time! I pushed for 44 mintues before Peyton made her grand debut at 1:44 p.m. weight 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 20.5 inches long!!! She was immediately placed on me so I could hold her for a few minutes before they took her to the warmer. I had just a little bitty tear that took only 2 or 3 stitches. I was cleaned up and Peyton was cleaned up and then given back to me. My family and visitors were able to come in right away and see us for a few minutes and then we kicked everybody out so I could nurse her for the first time!

I am so amazed that my body was able to bring her into this world! She is so perfect and we couldn't be more in love with her!! I feel like I could keep writing about my experience forever, but I better cut myself off! Plus Peyton is getting fussy and ready to eat so gotta go feed her!! Hope I didn't miss any important parts!!!

Sorry this is so long and if you made it through it all THANKS!!!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
Reply With Quote
April 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 18,948
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That ER Dr. sounds like he needs a refresher on doing cervical checks!! Sounds like a great experience otherwise Congrats!!
Reply With Quote
April 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,367
Congratulations! Glad you got to skip the induction!

Reply With Quote
April 28th, 2010, 08:04 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ID
Posts: 13,200
Hooray for your body going into labor on its own! Congratulations!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0