Jedidiah Richard's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So on Saturday I went to the mall and lunch with my sister and nephew just because I was bored. I felt completely fine. DH and I had dinner and went to bed just like normal.

I woke uup to pee at 1:30 and after wiping I felt a gush. My heart beat out of my chest and I didn't want to get too excited. So I laid back down and sure enough - more gushes. I jumped out of bed, which woke up DH and said "my water broke!" And it kept gushing and gushing - so gross! I had to shove a dish towel in my undies for all the fluid.

We went to the hospital and got into a room and I was still only 1 cm and 50% with very irregular contractions. They wanted to get things going, especially since I was Group B positive so they started pitocin (after 4 tries for an iv!). So pit started at 4:30 in the morning. By 9 am I was hurting really bad but only at 2 cm. Because of the cranked up pitocin and no fluid - the contractions were bad. I got the epi around 9:30. It worked right away, but about an hour and a half into it I had hit the pump twice and it wasn't working and the pump was beeping. Something was wrong with the pump so I wasn't getting medicine. They gave me another dose and fixed the pump and it was magic!

At 2:00 pm I was at 5 cm. At 4 I was at 8 cm. I could only lay on one side since he wouldn't tolerate any other positions. I also had to have oxygen since he was having variables in heart rate. My legs were dead weight!

At 6 I was close to complete but there was a lip on one side so they laid me on my side with a leg in a stirrup to help. I actually was able to doze off.

I started pushing at 6:45. The pressure was sooooo bad. I wanted to push and they kept telling me to breathe because Jed needed time to recover (he had lots of dips in heart beat) and my doc wasn't there. Later my mom said she was getting mad because they could all see he was right there and ready and I was in so much pain needing to push and they wouldn't let me.

I pushed for about 45 minutes and he arrived! I know at one point I was crying and saying I couldn't do it because the pressure was just so bad. When he popped out we realized that his arm came out with his head - he had his hand up by his face. That is why everything was so bad. And his legs were crossed making him wide. He has a bruise on his nose from his little hand being smooshed there! He was 8 lbs and 20 inches and just perfect!

BUt he cried right away and is absolutely beautiful. He breastfeeds like a champ and I can't remember what life was like without my son!

April 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Congrats on baby Jed!! Thanks for sharing your story!! I love your pic of the 3 of you!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 28th, 2010, 12:56 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! You have a beautiful family!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search