Lucas Ryan - 26.04.10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
Loving My Piglets
I woke up between 4.30-5.00am with pressure in my hips and bum and it came every 5 minutes (no pain).. but when i woke at 5am i was not sure if it was a dream or not, i just remember feeling pressure and trying to figure out in my head if i was having a dream or if it was real

but then when i woke up fully it was still coming every 5 minutes it felt like someone was just squeezing my hips, i got up and went to the toilet to see if would stop and they didn't but it did not hurt so i decided to go back to bed and try to rest but then the pressure turned into pains and i could not sleep through it so i got out of bed at 5.30am & told stuart i was getting pains and that i think i could be in labour but that i was not sure as it did not hurt.

at about 6.15ish i think the pains started coming every 3 minutes but i was walking, talking through them etc and i rang my mum to tell her i think i was in labour and that i would ring her again if anything changed, then me and stuart had a 20 minute debate on if he should go to work or not! i told him that if it was real he might not make it back in time and if it wasn't then he would of wasted a day off and not got paid.

at 7am ish i went and walked down the alley twice as my contractions were going back to every 5 minutes but although they went back to every 5 minutes they were more stronger than the ones that were coming every 3 minutes! I sat in the garden for a bit with stuart while he painted the fence.

then decided to try take a hot bath at 8.15am.. i only had about 3 contractions in the bath and they went back to every 10 minutes again though they were stronger than the previous ones and i had to moan a bit through them, i decided to get out as i thought that everything was about to stop and so i got dressed and paced up and down the living room to try bring them on more

by 9am they were back to every 3 minutes and they were really painful i had to concentrate through them, in between the contractions i was so nervous i didn't know what to do with myself so i decided to do the dusting and just stopped for the contractions, i wiped the kitchen units.

The kids were up by this point and my dads car was due to go for it's MOT at 11 which was my transport to hospital!! mum & dad were on there way round and they got here at about 10.15 and my contractions were every 2 minutes and i had started to swear when they come and paced up and down rhianna kept asking me "whats wrong?" i just told her i was OK and that i was just sore.. so she held my hand and walked up and down with me, bless her i thought it was time i rang the hospital as i didn't want to risk having him at home.

They were a bit hesitant but told me to come in, i just explained to them i didn't want to leave it too late as i got there at 7cm with lacey.

We rang stuarts sister and she took us to the hospital because of my dads car going for the MOT so dad stayed at home with the girls and me stuart and mum headed off, my contractions were every 2 minuts in the car and really really painful, it didnt help i had to stay sitting down and she was driving so SLOW!! the hospital is 20 minutes away.

got to the hospital at about 10.55am and the midwife was like "So you are hear with a labour query?" thinking that i was not really in labour and went on to tell me that 3rd babies were all or nothing babies and you could just tell by the way she was speaking to me she thought it was not the real thing.. so she asked me if i had any questions and i just asked for the gas & air.

She left the room and left me with the gas and air so i just took that and waited for someone to come and see me, i think a midwife came in a few times to do random things and kept looking at me swearing through contractions i think they must of thought i was such a wimp as after all they didnt even think i was in labour

I got a really bad pain in my back after that did not go away, not even when the contractions stopped & it was like he was laying on a nerve and the pain was constant, she checked my belly and he was laying back to back!! so i was having a back labour.. (bloody painful!!)

So finally at 11.55am the midwife told me to remove my trousers etc and she checked me before that though she asked me what i was planning on doing i said i wanted an epidural but it depended how far i was... so she checked and said i was a 6-7cm and so i said i wanted an epidural and she said that an epidural was not an option as i was progressing to fast, so i asked for a water birth she went away and said she was going to start filling it up but then came back to me screaming on the bed and said that the water birth was not an option!! she made an excuse that there was someone fixing a bed infront of the door lmao i asked her how long it would take for them to fix the bed and she just said "oh no the pool is no longer an option!" ok......... so i said i would like pethadine (is that the word?!) and she said ok then and that she was going to go get it.. she came back 15 minutes later and i was screaming so loud at this point, and swearing & i felt like i needed to go poop and so she says to me "the piciton is no longer an option" ahh FFS i was thinking at this point lol all i could have was the gas&air again!

All this happened in the space of about 15 minutes and i felt like i was going to faint as i was sucking on the gas and air so hard, and i kept getting told off by her for taken to much gas and air and i said to her "if i fall will somebody catch me" she said "you are on the bed, you are not going to go anywhere" i was sooooo high at this point i was saying all sorts of random things but at the same time i could feel all the pain, if that makes sense.. but because i was so high it helped a bit.

I honestly don't remember what happened to much after that, my eyes were rolling and i couldn't move properly like i could hear all these voices but my body was not with it at all! and when i spoke to me i sounded like a zombie, i just remember my body starting to push & the midwife saying to me that i could not push because it was to early!! i told her that it was not me pushing it was my body, which made her laugh... but it was my body! i think it shocked her because i went from 6cm to pushing in 30 minutes and then the next thing i know he is crowning and they are telling me to push as his head is coming.. 1 minute they tell me to not push then the next he was just there & i just felt so over whelmed that it was happening so quick the next thing i know he is out and laying on me and they had to tell me he was out and i was to shocked to open my eyes lol

It really was a hard hard labour and im thankful that it went soo quickly as i could not of handled much more of it!

He was 8lbs born @ 12.34pm and i had no stitches

R (9) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (7) 07.06.07
L (6) 05.06.08
L (5) 26.04.10
C (2) 15.02.13

Expecting baby boy (L) 9.09.15

Last edited by sarah*; May 2nd, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
May 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Don't you hate it when the medical professionals don't beleive you? So glad you got there in time!

May 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow you did a great job! Congratulations!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 16th, 2010, 02:35 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
You did great! And that was a short labor! Congratulations!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search