The overdue birth of Addisyn Joy!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well first off I'm so completely late on getting this story up for all you ladies. I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to given encouraging words to all those ladies that are still wanting on their little ones to make their appearance. Everyone has been such great support to me and I can't thank you all enough for that!!

Addisyn Joy
4-25-10 at 9:08PM
8lbs. 14oz
21.5 inchs

Well to start off my story I find that it's actually kind of funny. I was a week overdue with our little baby girl and was feeling just crummy with that fact in mind so out of the blue my husband calls and asks to go out on a date night for supper and a movie. GREAT! I was excited, heck it's been this long of waiting for her I'm sure I won't be going into labor tonight. So we had a great meal and went to a 7PM show and of all movies in the theater right now we picked "The Backup Plan" ahhahahh (I really did enjoy the movie). The whole time during the movie my husband later tells me that he was praying my water wouldn't break there. It didn't, it broke at home at 11:30PM while I just had layed down in bed. I calmy asked my DH to grab a towel and made my way to the bathroom and didn't even make a mess!! YAY. By the time I got into the bathroom I hadn't even got to sit down my DH has his boots on and a jacket asking what he should do next! He was so very excited that it finally happening.

We make our way to the hospital and get admitted a little after midnight and was given some type of shot to ease any contractions that I might feel over the night, as I was in early labor and my dr. didn't want me to be awake during the night and have a long full day ahead of me. I was 2cm dilated and had a-ways to go.

Morning comes and nothing really to do but wait, I walked the halls and had normal and manageable contractions. Couple of checks throughout the day showed slow dilation and they said I would have to be put on pitocin in the afternoon to regulate my contractions as they were all over the place. Around 3 my contractions were terrible and I asked for an epidural. At first it worked but over time it slowly wore off on my right side and I could feel every contraction in my right hip bone. The pain was horrible and caused me to throw-up one time, but after I felt great to be relieved. I went from 6cm to 10cm in 2 hours and started pushing around 7:15PM. After almost 2 hours of pushing Addisyn was born at 9:08PM. I had a total of 21 hours of labor and was truely exhausted. I wasn't able to hold her right away as she had swallowed a bit of my fluids but had was able to hold her after they checked everything was okay. I got a 2nd degree tear and I believe that has been the worse part of recovering. ICK!

When I have more free time I'll upload new pictures. Take special care everyone!
May 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Congrats! You worked hard mama! 2 hours of pushing.
May 4th, 2010, 06:05 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Congratulations on your baby girl!
Caroline - November '12

May 5th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Great birth day by the way - my little boy was born on 4-25 and my water broke in the middle of the night too!

May 7th, 2010, 12:22 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations!! I wish my water had broken had home, but, like you, it probably wouldn't have made things progress any faster. And I agree: the 2nd-degree tear had to be the worst part of recovering! Do you know how many stitches you needed? I thought I heard my MW say 3 stitches, but it certainly felt like it took longer than that!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya know Krissy I didn't even ask. My dr. was down there with the string and needle for quiet some time I must say. I also felt a lot of the stitching up, I had to ask for a little shot of number in tender areas thats for sure. ISHTA, I could live the rest of my life without another tear again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search