Keegan David- Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to misscari Send a message via Yahoo to misscari
Keegan- 8lbs 9 oz, 20 inches long & his head was 14.5 cm

Arrived at the hospital around 6am, pitocin started at 7. 4cm and 70% effaced. Contractions took a while to get regular but by around 10 am they are 3-5 mins apart-mostly uncomfortable and not too painful. Around noon the nurse checks me and I am only at 5cm and 80%. I realize itís going to be a long day, around 2pm I have a trickle of water, they decide just to leave it for a while. Contractions start picking up in intensity and finally I hit 6cm. 3:30 I start to feel a lot more pressure and pain but Iím holding out as long as I can without any meds. 5:00 doc comes in and breaks my water. Within 30 mins the pain is so intense I go ahead and ask for an epidural. Anesthesiologist comes to talk to me and says that because of my bleeding issues and hemorrhages he doesnít feel comfortable with me having one. UGH! I ask for a shot of Nubain and it takes the edge off for a bit but certainly doesnít kill the pain. Not sure when I hit 8cm but it seemed like I was stuck there forever, the pain meds are wearing off and Iím barely hanging on. Finally I get close to 10cm but still have a ďlipĒ of cervix left, I am pushing a bit during contractions and they tell me to stop-yeah right, like I can control that urge! I feel like I need to pee so I head to the bathroom and as soon as I sit in toilet position the pushing urge is uncontrollable. The nurses freak out, drag me back to bed yelling donít push. Doc comes in and Iím not quite ready, the nurse has me lightly push while she presses in on the cervix. Finally I can start pushing. I pushed for maybe 15 mins and the doc starts telling me to push harder the head is there. I get mad and give one giant push and Keegan literally comes flying out just before 8pm. David said he flew to the end of the bed and doc was scrambling to catch my slippery little man. He asked if I saw that, um no but I FELT him fly out! Never had that experience before, after the fact itís rather funny. They inject both legs with methergine and start up the pitocin to control the bleeding immediately. 13 hours of labor on pitocin was rough!!! It definitely hurts far worse than my labors without it. I had a second degree tear and being stitched and delivering the placenta seemed almost as painful as giving birth. The loaded me up on demorol and I really think they gave me too much. I was so completely out of it the rest of the night. I got to hold Keegan for about 20 mins but I was so groggy and tired I kept feeling like I was going to drop him. David held him for about 4 or 5 hours until I could finally come around a bit. I was still pretty loopy until Friday afternoon but just so estastic that he was here and healthy. I have far less bleeding this time around and Iím so glad they listened this time about the bleeding complications. Iím finally starting to feel pretty good other than lack of sleep and being a milk machine. Sometimes he's nursing every 20-45 mins but I'm hoping that now the milk is in, he'll be able to go longer at night. I know weíre all biased as mommies but I just cannot describe how beautiful my son is and the love I have for him just makes me feel so blessed to have this experience.
Thanks for reading, I look forward to everyone's story of their little miracle

Thank you to claire1979 for my adorable siggy

Last edited by misscari; May 26th, 2010 at 03:00 AM. Reason: added pics
May 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!
May 4th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww...I him. Thanks for sharing your story. Enjoy every minute mama!

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
May 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is a doll. Congrats to you and your family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search