Welcome Bryce!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2010, 10:35 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
Friday, April 23.

Birth Story:

Friday morning, we woke up and headed to the hospital for our 7:30 appointment for induction with the Dr.The reason she wanted to go ahead and induce me was because I was already 5 cms dialated and very thinned out and baby was ready. She didn't want me to wait any longer.

We arrived at 7:30am, checked into the room, talked to the nurse and answered a bunch of questions. Dr. came in at 8:30am and broke my water. At this point we were watching for contractions to increase but they remained about 7 to 10 minutes apart. When the doctor came back in at 10:30am, the contractions were ranging from 4 minutes to 10 minutes and not consistent at all and I was still 5cms. So we went ahead and started the Pitocin at 10:30am. By 12:15 the contractions were 2 minutes apart and starting to get very painful. I asked if they needed to check me before I got an epidural, they said no and went ahead and did the epidural. When I laid back down after the epidural, I said "whoa he's really low" The nurse checked me and I was already 10cms!!! She called the doctor in, got the nurses prepared, baby things ready, etc. At 12:30, Dr. came into the room and told me to push on the contractions since I could still feel them (epidural hadn't fully kicked in yet). On the 3rd contraction, I pushed and Bryce arrived!

Bryce arrived 12:54pm on Friday, April 23rd weighing in at 8lbs, 3oz and 19.5 inches long.

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)
May 5th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to misscari Send a message via Yahoo to misscari
wow sounds like a quick and easy labor. Congratulations!

Thank you to claire1979 for my adorable siggy
May 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
May 5th, 2010, 12:12 PM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like a great birth. Congrats!
May 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! sorry you didn't get the full effect of the epi. But glad everything went ok.

May 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM
COMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
I got the full effects of the epi after he was born. I became very nauseated and vomiting and dizzy had to be put on oxygen. But it was a great and easy/fast birth which I am thankful for!!! I couldn't ask for it to go any smoother. So thankful I had a great doctor and hospital staff tending to my needs. I was worried that being baby #2, it would be harder/longer birth but it was the opposite!!! Makes me feel better about maybe wanting more kids down the road..

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

Proud Mommy to Skyler (4/16/08) and Bryce (4/23/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search