Zayne's entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 11:42 AM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
Last Thursday April 29th. I woke up having a contraction. I was hoping that because it was strong enough to wake me up, it was labor. I went to the bathroom and there was light pink spotting, by the time I got back to the bedroom, I was having another. I woke my dh up and we headed to the hospital. I got to the hospital and they were ready to send me home stating that since I was only 37 weeks, it was highly unlikely that I was in labor. At 5:20 they checked me and I was dialated to a 5 and completely thinned out. I was admitted and and IV was started. I was having contractions on top of each other, but wasnt painful enough to ask for anything. At 7a.m. my dr. came in to check on me, due to them wanting to do a c-section being high risk. He checked me and I was dialated to 9 cm. Everything went really fast after that. By 8 a.m I was being wheeled into O.R. at 8:22 a.m Zayne Daniel made his entrance at 9 lbs. 8 oz. The dr. immediately took Zayne to the nursery to be checked for anemia and jaundice as a result of me having the anti-e. I was taken to recovery and my postpartum room. Zayne had to be monitored all day because his bilirubin levels at birth were a 3 and were rising. At 8 p.m. the dr. broke the news that the levels were rising too quickly and that he may need an exchange transfusion which they could not do at that hospital, so they were going to transport him to a childrens hospital 2 hrs. away.They let me hold him first, and then left. I could not go because of just having the c-section, so my dh and FIL went with him to the hospital. The hospital there was amazing! The dr. called me as soon as he checked him to tell me the course of treatment, etc. My dr. released me the next day to go be with my baby. Luckily my Zayne did not require a transfusion as a result of the quick action by all of his drs. At 1 week old, he was released from the hospital and is now doing great. He is gaining weight and eating like a champ. I will post pics as soon as I upload them.

May 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
Congrats on your baby boy! SO happy everything turned out ok.

May 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad it all worked out. That's a really exciting delivery story!! (((hugs)))
Now pics!

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
May 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Glad he got great care and didn't need a transfusion! Congrats!
May 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! And WOW! We were in labor at the same time!!! Similar stories to how it all started out, too! Can't wait to see pics!!!
May 10th, 2010, 04:15 AM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search