Jon's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 06:29 PM
croutonluver2's Avatar Veteran
I'll start with my Dr.'s apt on Mon April 26th, I was only 1 cm and about 60% effaced. Doc told me if I didn't go on my own, I had to have a c-section on my due date April 30th. The midwife and I were disappointed * we don't like the head doc cause she pushes c-sections on everone....didn't really encourage my VBAC choice. Anyways, midwife said to have lots of sex and hopefully something will happen. So Monday, hubby and I dtd. I also was walking 1 1/2 miles every morning and eating lots of pineapple. On Wednesday everything started out normal, but around 3:00 I noticed I was having alot of tightening feelings that hurt. I laid down and they were still coming about every 5-7 minutes. So I got paper and started writing it down and hopped on here for advice. I called my midwife around 7:99 and she said I should head to the hospital. So I called hubby at work and told him he better come home cause I think it's time. I started bawling cause I didn't know if this was the real thing and I didn't want to get everyone excited if it wasn't.He came home and we headed to the hospital, Checked in at 9:00 pm and I got checked out in triage. They said I was 4 cm and 80% effaced and was going to have to stay. I was estatic! Hubby came back and I told him. The wheeled me to my delivery room and hooked up the IV and antibiotics as I am GBS positive. We watched tv and I called my mom, sister, and brother. My sis came and picked up our other kids. Anyways, the contractions were really starting to hurt and I started crying, They gave me the epidural and I was in heaven! At 3:00 am, the doc came to break my water and check me. I was 90% effaced to almost 100% and 6cm. However, the felt the baby was in face position, with them being able to touch it's eye and ear....and they said it's to dangerous to deliver with the baby in that postition so they said I had to have a c-section. I was ok with it because I was actually going into labor on my own and this was something I couldn't prevent. They gave me a shot to stop my contractions and then got me ready for the c-section. Hubby put on his scrubs and mask and they wheeled me into the operating room. Everything went good. Jon was born at 4:16 am. Only thing I didn't like was I could smell a burning smell from them cutting me. After the baby was out, they gave me alot of pain medicine and it made me really really sleepy but I fought it and stayed awake but boy was I out of it. They gave me some oxygen and wheeled me to a room to recover. I stayed there for 2 hours. Then they wheeled me to my room. The room was beautiful! around 8:30 am they brought baby to our room and I was in love! He weighed 7 pounds 15 oz. I stayed in the hospital from Wednesday night until Saturday and was let out around 4:00 pm. I loved being in the hospital. The nurses were so nice and the food was great! We got to order our food and had it delivered to our rooms! I had trouble passing gas which they were concerned about and my legs and feet were swollen but they said it's all normal. Anyways, that's Jon's birth story! It was one of the best days of my life!!!!!! I'l add pics soon

May 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it worked out. Our hospital had great food too - you ordered room service!

May 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Congrats!! Glad you went into labor on your own, even tho you still had to have a c-section!!! Hope your recovery is going well!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
May 10th, 2010, 01:50 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Congratulations!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 11th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search