Colin Ryan 1/21/2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't due until Jan 28 (my other son's 5th birthday) but because of my gestational diabetes, the dr wanted to induce me a week early, so I was admitted into the hospital on Jan 20 for a cervadil. The next morning at 6 am, they started my pitocin and broke my water at 8 am. I started progressing really quickly and the contractions were really strong and really close together so I said I was ready for my epidural The dr came in and prepped me and inserted the epidural. I laid back down and waited....and waited....and waited, but it wasn't working properly. I could still feel everything on the right side of my body so the nurse tried to turn me on my right side to see if we could make the medicine work on both sides, but it still didn't work. Sooooo, I got a 2nd epidural and it did exactly what the first did....pretty much nothing! The nurse said "I'm sorry sweetie, but I think the epidural has done all it's going to do." And this is about the time I lost it....I asked my husband to have everyone leave the room so I could have a breakdown and get prepared for something I hadn't prepared myself for....PAIN! After about 5 mins, I told everyone they could come back in. The contractions were getting worse and worse and the pressure "down there" was unbelieveable!!! I was squeezing my husband and my mom's hand with every contraction (breaking them as the hubby likes to say....lol). It was getting really intense and they kept checking me and the last time they checked, I was at 8cm. About 5 mins later I said that I really felt like I had to poop and the nurse said "uh oh" and looked down and could see his head about to come out. They all rushed to get everything ready and I was screaming (yes, screaming) bc of the pain and I just wanted to get him out! They put my legs in the stirups and told me to push. My dr got there right after the 2nd push and sat down, told me to quit screaming, close my mouth (LOL) and told me to push again and there he was. 3 pushes is all it took! There he was....my beautiful 6 lb 2 oz baby....that the dr thought was going to be big because of my gestational diabetes...haha, yeah right! He was so beautiful and I could tell as soon as he was born that he looked just like my dad's side of the family. That makes 2 out of 2 kids I have that don't look like me!
So, here's a "hat's off" to the women out there that choose a natural birth....you go girls!!! I really feel like if I was prepared more, the labor would have been fine, but the pushing is a different story! I have never felt such pain in my whole life! The "ring of fire" is how my nurse described the feeling of his head coming out, and you know what? SHE WAS RIGHT!! It was horrible....BUT the reward was so much greater than the pain! He's the best baby...never cries, always smiling, just the sweetest baby. I am so incredibly blessed!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search