Luccas Kenneth story and pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Hunni
ok since i'm still wide awake, figured I'd post it now lol.

tuesday May 12 at my appt, Dr. told me I was a 3-4 and he did a sweep said he would see me later lol...I went home my friend Ashleigh went back home to feed her kids and I talked to Steve and he decided to come up now instead of waiting for my phone call later (good call).
so around 7:40pm me and Ash decide to walk the neighborhood to see what happens, we walked til little after 9 and I got bored of the "pressure" I was feeling when sitting down...Steve arrived around 9:30, and me and Ash decided to do a couple more laps and if nothing progressed she would head home for awhile..well we walked inside. and i stood there, they were coming ever 2 minutes but not strong...and not listening to my dr. i was saying no we don't have to go yet lol...by 11 they had convinced me ya alright let's god even though they still weren't strong.
up to L&D by 11:45, I get checked, i'm a 5 but he's not fully engaged, so off to walk the halls until the Dr. arrives...we walked from about 12:15 ish to about 1...then I had to stop I went and layed down on top of the bed in my clothes, and then I felt him engage..and the contractions were on top of each other and hurt, Dr. hadn't come in to check yet..so Ash went out and said I needed something.so in comes Dr. Rodgers (LOVE HER) they give me the gas (LOVE IT) and then I get funny lol they were all laughing at me..anyway she checks me and head and bag of water right there so she breaks my water at 1:35am
so then she says she needs to run to her office, i told her to hurry she asked for 10 minutes lol. few minutes later the contractions were fast furious and I was asking for Fentynol..so while they were trying to get and IV going I mention I need to pee..nurse says alright let's get up and go pee, I didn't want to and asked if I could just pee there she said sure...so I tried a little bit and she screamed to stop.
alarm went off two other nurses rush in and she saying i'm not a joke it's baby time..so one nurse is off to call Dr. Rodgers thinking she was still gone the other two were debating who was gonna catch Luccas..I just kept saying I needed to pee and they then tell me no that's baby...finally they find Dr. Rodgers (she was brushing her teeth in the on call room lol)
she rushes in and sees his head and then tells me I can push, I said I didn't wanna lol. they had to convince me to push, so I gave a big push..and said nope no more, one more push and he literally flew out of me along with a whole whack of fluid...so exactly 40 minutes after she had broke my water Luccas was born at 2:15
no tears no nothing...he weighed in at 7 pounds 14 ounces 20 inches long and his head was 13.5, it took him a while to get his temp up, but he's ok now.
and now what you all really want here are a couple of pics

I'll get more up later
May 15th, 2010, 06:03 AM
MOI's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Congrats! Adorable!!! Your daughter looks so happy to meet her baby brother. I giggled at your Dr brushing teeth in the on- call room. At least they had minty fresh breath!

May 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
He's adorable!! Good job, mama!
May 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Awww...he's so cute! Congrats!
May 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is so adorable. Congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search