Michele Faith birth story... its a lil long...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
So I was schedule for an induction since I had gestational diabetes. I was schedule to get a balloon put in me on Wed May 12th. I had to be admitted at the hospital by 5 pm that day. We get there and I was already having contractions every 5 mins apart. I did not realize it b/c it just felt like menstural cramps. So my doctor came in around 6 pm and put the balloon in. He checked my cervix first and I was 2 cm dialated/ 70% effaced which I been like that for a week now. He told me its possible for me to go into active labor that night. The balloon will fall out completely once I dialate to 4 cm. So the evening wears on and I was able to eat up to midnight and then it was clear liquids after that.
The contractions got closer together and a bit stronger for a few hours then finally they started to space out some more. My doctor prescribed me Ambien and recommended for me to take it and get some sleep b/c he would start pitocin the next morning... so I listened to him and took it. I slept for 7 hrs and was ready for the next morning!!

Thurs May 13th 2010.....
I woke up and found out I had contractions every 5 mins. Around 730 AM, I was walking to the bathroom and then the balloon fell out so that was a good sign..
my dotor came in around 9 am and checked my cervix and sure enough I was 4 cm dialated and 70% effaced while the baby was at -1 station. So he started pitocin. They checked my an hour and a half later and I was 6 cm and 70% effaced but the baby was still at -1. So I asked for some pain med through the IV.. the contractions were getting to me... I was able to get a shot through the IV once an hour. The med made me so loopy and tired so I stucked it out... then another hour and a half went by and I notice my contraction intestity was going off the papers (in the 120s)... I could barely feel them and I am not good with pain so I asked for an epidural. They checked me and I was still at 6 cm BUT I was 90% effaced woo hoo progress!! So the asienitologist came in and gave me 2 options.... the option I took was get the spinal shot first (which lasted only 2 hrs but is effective in 10 mins or less and its fast/painless)... if I was a 8 or 9 in an hour then do another shot if not then get an epidural! I was pain free and could not feel anything downthere within 5 mins lol!
Any ways they checked me an hour later and I was still at 6 cm and 90% effaced ugh hated that... so they gave me an epidural and guess what I did not feel anything when they were putting it in ! (2:30 pm when they put an epidural in)

Thurs May 13th 2010 3:30pm
They checked me again... and guess what progress... I was 7 cm dialated and 100% effaced while they baby was at 0 station... woo hoo lol!
The nurse told me that I could be fully dialated any where within mins up to hours! So 15 mins later I started feeling ALOT of pressure and an urge to push.. I told my nurse and she checked.... I was 100% EVERYTHING and the baby was at +2 which mean halfway down my canal lol! So I had to wait till my doctor got there which was 10 mins...

Thurs May 13th 2010 4:00 pm
My doctor got there and I started pushing....

Thurs May 13th 2010 4:06 pm
Michele Faith Towers was born..
weight- 6 pounds and 10 onces..
length- 18 1/2 inches long
yeah she is so tiny esp compare to her sister lol!

So far everything is going well... she is healthy.. the healing process is going great for me.. .I didnt tear with her and I was able to walk around 30 mins after she was born... this was most def way easier than my first... here are a few pics!

May 18th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986

this is Kristina (onthe left) when she was fisrt born and Michele (right)... can u tell they are sisters lol!

daddy and his 2 lil girls lol!

May 18th, 2010, 03:19 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search