The arrival of Alexander!! (LONG AND PIC HEAVY)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
As most of you know, i went into false labor Sunday night. Happened right in chat! I started feeling VERY crampy, started getting contractions and all that good stuff, with a heavy cramp underneath the contractions throughout the whole thing. Well, ended up going to L&D that night. All the way up to L&D contractions were a good 5 mins apart and were SO painful i was in tears and on the verge of screaming. But of course, as soon as i get to the hospital, they start dying off. I end up being admitted anyway because of the abcess down there (which has gotten a LOT better), and they keep a watch on me through the night. Labor dies off completely overnight, and i get discharged in the morning.

Tuesday rolls around, and im at work, feeling no worse for the wear, and im in chat again! Well, i start feeling very crampy again. Like what the heck? I guess Xander is excited to meet everyone! The crampy feeling dies off by the time we have to clock out, and i feel fine the rest of the day, just a little tired. Later that evening, DH i go out and play horseshoes with my neighbors. Yes, i actually play the game, even though its my first time, like ever. Have a lot of fun, no pain, no cramps no nothing.

Around 10pm me and DH come back inside, sit down and watch some TV. I use the bathroom like 5 times in 30 minutes, even though i havent been drinking anything really. 10:30 i go and lay down, since im thinking i have to get up and go to work in the morning. Not soon after i lay down, im hit by a contraction. A real contraction. This feels different from Sunday night, but im still afraid of it being false labor, so i just deal with it, not mark the time or anything. A VERY short time later, another one rolls around, and in about the same amount of time, ANOTHER one hits. Thats when i call DH in to the bedroom. Im having contractions honey.

They started out 6 mins apart from the get go, and went down to 5 within 30 mins. 11:30 im contracting steadily at 4-5 mins. Just about midnight we call L&D again. They say let them get down to 3 mins apart, just so we're sure this is the real thing. Well, as soon at DH puts the phone down, they get down to 3mins and stay that way. So it's off to L&D again.

We call DH's dad, and he comes out and gets the kids at around 1-ish. And we head to the hosp. Get there, and get all set up again. The contractions stick around, and everyone is sure im having a baby today! I deal through contractions while they admit me, get an IV in, get everything set up and ready. Around 3am i get an epidural. That was soooo wonderful. I wasnt in any pain, and i could rest, and sleep, and let my body do the work without tensing up and stressing myself. I was a loose 3 when we arrived, and had gotten up to a 5 by the time the epi arrived.

My dilation went by pretty quickly, until we got up to 7cm and 90% effaced around 6am. things stayed that way until 8am, then my OB came in and broke my water and started me on a pitocin drip. Things progressed from there a little faster. Around 11 am when i was ready to push. I pushed for around 30 mins. I didnt feel any pain, thanks to the epidural, but it had worn off enough so i could feel a good amount of pressure when contractions came to push the baby out. It was kinda hard there towards the end. I could feel him there at the entrace, but it was so hard to push that last little bit!! I was grateful the doc was there kinda pulling him out at the same time. After they pulled him out, they put him right on my chest, DH cut the cord and got to suction his mouth and he started crying! I fell in love in that moment.

Nothing had ever been so perfect than this. I had a very easy labor, and a very easy delivery, which i am VERY thankful for!!!! I am so blessed to have this child. I never want to put him down. I could sit there staring at his chubby cheeks for hours on end.

And now for pics!!!

May 20th, 2010, 02:07 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh what a sweetie! Congratulations!
May 20th, 2010, 02:11 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
YAY LINZIE! I'm so excited for you and YAY more pics! I am SO flying up there and visiting the baby! Just.. don't let me take him back with me.. Man, I'm glad I'm charting. LOL. OMG, yay he is so beautiful hun congrats to you, jamie and the kids.

May 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So sweet! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story. Enjoy every minute mama!

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search