Carson birth story 05/28

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Ashleyrenee's Avatar Regular
I went in on the 28 for my induction at 9PM.

i was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced, they started me on cytotec at 9. After about 4 hours i was not feeling contraction so they gave me another pill.
2 AM the cytotec started working and i started getting really bad back labor!!
3AM i asked for my epidural, it really wasnt nearly as bad as i thought, but I had a lot of spots were i wasnt numb, when they gave me a catheter i could feel it 100% and it hurt.
6AM I woke up because i could feel contractions so they gave me more epidural i was 7cm dilated and 80% effaced!
9AM I could feel A LOT of pressure and I was 10cm dilated and 100& effaced, i couldnt move my legs so they said i had to wait to push, so they shut off my epidural and waited for it to wear off.
10AM I started pushing, It was soo hard, i kept saying i couldnt do it, i felt like i was trying so hard to push but nothing was happening. after about an hour I finally pushed him out, and i felt that ring of fire, OW!! I tore twice and got stitches, He had a Knot in his cord and it wrapped around his neck so they said we are very lucky!!

Carson was born at 10:58 AM weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long!!
He got a 8 on his apgar score because he came out really dark blue!

My husband was sooo good, far better then i was ever expecting! We got to come home on the 29th! He is such a wonderful baby! My husband left back to Afghanistan today so its been really hard on me but besides that we are doing GREAT

Here is a link to my pictures of him on Facebook! He looks just like his daddy which is what i was hoping for!!!

Ashley Craycraft-Gallegos | Facebook
June 2nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
liltuckers21
aww I am so glad your dh was here for the birth. I know it is hard seeing him leave again but I am so happy for you two to share those moments. What a great birth experience though.
My dh is in Korea. We have to try and catch the birth on skype when he is free but being 13 hours ahead and not knowing is hard. I am being induced Tuesday if I don't have him by then and I hope my dh can get online and see.
Congrats! he is beautiful!
June 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Rammas08's Avatar Samantha =)
My son Carson was 7lbs 5oz and 20inches as well! Our boys have the same name and very similar birth stats! Congrats!!! oh and both of our Dh's are in the military!
June 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Ashleyrenee's Avatar Regular
Really! Thats cool

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2
11TH Cycle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search