Evelyns Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Crystalfree0x0's Avatar Veteran
Sorry it took so long ladies... So here it goes...
I had a appointment at 7:00 pm on wednesday, 5/12, to begin the first proceedure of a 2 step induction. Me and my little sister stay at the hospital, and I let my mom stay home considering it was only a 15% chance of starting labor. I was a "gracious" 2 cm and 50- 60% effaced. They started my Cervidil around 9 pm. I started to have some regular contractions every 2-3 minutes and only a 1-2 on the pain scale. so they said they would watch those and depending on if labor started remove the cervidil or they would start the Pitocin in the morning. around midnight the contractions stopped so I decided I better get some rest because the morning was going to be very exausting. (I had no clue, what to truely expect because I had a epidural with Dyvon and 4 cm)
My mom got to the hospital in the morning right after they started the pitocin at about 8:30 - 9:00 am. Everything was going pretty good, the cervidil didnt do anything to progress me, but that was okay. We watched tv and joked around. I stayed in my bed and waited for my contractions to pick up regularly. At 11:30 my Dr's decided to break my water. I was 3 cm and 60-70% effaced. Contractions were still at a 2 on the pain scale. My nanna came up to the hospital and visited with us until 1 and my contractions were getting a little stronger, a 2-3 in pain. From 1-2 is when things started to get pretty active.. I knew if I didnt get up and start helping my labor progress that I could very well be having a long labor.. I bounced on a birthing ball.. stood and rocked.. & started to feel baby dropping more and contractions were stronger, I would have to stop talking to people and just concentrate through them. at 2 started feeling very intense contractions and they were soo painful in my hips and lower back, I kneeled beside my bed and was no longer talking with anyone, I had to really focus to make it through these.. It got to a point where I decided I NEEEDED an Epidural. My mom helped my manage a few contractions while we talked over my pain options. The nurse and my mom helped me decide to get checked for progression and then we would go from there. I got back into the bed and the nurse said I was 6 cm & only had a slight lip to efface. That wasnt too promising in my mind, but I began to work through some contractions better then others.. and my mom helped me not get over-whelmed.. the pain was a 8-9 now. between 2:30 and 3:00 was the most intense, Then shortly after 3, my nurses and doctors showed up in my room, which was motivating that I had to be getting close.. finally I told my nurse I had to push.. and they told me to do whatever I felt like my body needed to do.. On the next few contraction I was really needing to push HARD and thats when everyone got into place and they started to undo my bed and my doctor said that I was ready he could tell from the look I had.. sure enough I was fully dialated and only had a slight lip which he said I could push through.. the last contractions hurt the most.. but the pushing made my body feel a little better and not hurt as bad.. I had 1 "practice push" and I heard my dr tell them I wasnt going to take long to push.. and it would be a quick delivery. Another set of pushs and he talked me through and mentioned how he didnt think I was giving it my all.. (he was right.. this shi*t hurt.. and I told him I felt like if I pushed super hard my head would blow up... LOL. thats when I realized it was up to me.. no one would "get her out" except me.. next set of pushs I gave it everything I had and my mom said I did turn PURPLE and I looked like I was going to "EXPLODE" lol.. I felt her head come out.. and my doctor said she was a big ol baby.. I yelled something along the lines of get her out!!! and it seemed like noone was doing anything..I yelled again to them... "are you going to get her out!!" (my mom said that the one doctor was trying to keep her head from sliding back inward and that she had the cord around her neck) my dr told me not to stop pushing and so I pushed again as hard as I could imagine and then I felt her arms and middle come out.. and I was able to relax and they helped her slip out the rest of the way... It was AMAZING... instantly the contractions didnt hurt anymore.. and my (whoo-haa) was sore but nothing HORRIBLE. they placed her on me and my mom and talia and me were in love!! she was perfect.. I only have a small inner tear and Im "re-cooping" easily. Everyone was soo impressed and respectful, my doctor and mom and everyone was soo awesome I truely thank them for my natural birth, it was all their positive motivation that got me through it. So long story.. but I didnt want to forget any details..
EVELYN MARIE FREE was born 5/13/2010. Weighing 8 pounds 15.4 ounces. and 21 inches long. @ 3:33 pm <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search