Owen's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2010, 10:50 AM
liltuckers21
Okay some have asked me to post my birth story and so here it goes. Sorry it is two weeks late but hey, I have a lil one to deal with!

Wednesday June 2nd, I decided to go to Watertown to the farmer's market at the State Office Building where my parents worked. I had my grandma drive me up since I was a day overdue and huge. I was miserable but nevertheless didn't think anything about it. That night I went home and went to bed about 7. I didn't feel so well. I woke up, ate dinner, and back to bed I went.

At 3:00 am I woke to go the bathroom. I went downstairs and I was in the bathroom when I suddenly started getting contractions 3 to 4 minutes apart. I timed them for a good 15 minutes and then started calling to my parents upstairs. I couldn't walk upstairs so I had to call to them. I couldn't get them so I finally called to Raidar, my dog. I woke him up who then woke my dad up. My parents came downstairs and I told them I had to go to the hospital. We all get ready and leave about 4:15 am.

I arrived at the hospital shortly before 5am. I got checked and I was 6 cm already. I started to get monitored and trying to get a strip done on the baby's heartbeat before I can have pain meds in my IV. Well laying down didn't work so I had to stand while contracting. It was hard. I also had my annoying mom and dad asking me a million questions on how to set the laptop up and my camera on.
Finally the midwife asked me if I wanted an epidural instead of the IV meds. I said yes at this point I was hurting. They also were concerned about the baby. His heartrate was decreasing between contractions. I had to have oxygen and turn from side to side trying to get his heartrate back up. They checked me again before giving it and I was 8 to 9 cm. I missed my chance of any pain meds. At this point they broke my water. He had a bowel movement while in me so they were concerned about that. The NICU doctor was called and was ready to take care of Owen when he came out.

At 6:00 am I was fully dilated and started pushing. My lil booger was face up so pushing him out was very very hard and intense. I pushed for an hour and twenty minutes.

At 7:21 am I had Owen Wyatt Tucker. He was 7lbs. 13 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long. He had 3 and half inch long feet and lots of light brown hair. He was and still is absolutely perfect.
He was taken away and put in the NICU. He had low blood sugar and was put on an IV until Saturday night. He was discharged Sunday morning. So far we haven't had any problems and he is gaining weight!

Being a mother is by far the most rewarding experience ever. I never thought I would enjoy something so much. I look at him and I am still amazed he grew in me and he is my child. It is a dream come true. I can't wait for his daddy to meet him!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search