Kamry's Birth Story + a couple of pictures

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Veteran
Kamry’s Birth story…
I initially went into the hospital on Monday, June 28th. My BP had been high all weekend, I didn’t feel very good and I was a little swollen. At my peri appointment the baby wasn’t responsive on the monitor and all things together added up to being sent to the hospital.

All was swell – Kamry wasn’t moving like I was used to but on the monitor and u/s everything was fine. My labs kept coming back clean and by Thursday morning I’d decided I’d stay in the hospital through the weekend and then bail on Sunday or Monday. And then Thursday afternoon I got a nice headache… and of course even the Percocet didn’t kill it.. by the night my bp had shot nice and high – the highest it had been the entire time I was in the hospital and then the highest it’s ever been in my life. I called Jake to tell him when the doc found out I was in for it… Lucky me – the nurse never called the doc to report it haha.

Friday morning I woke up feeling TERRIBLE! Headache, body ache just all out bad. My perinate came in and asked how I was (and to tell me that my most recent labs looked great) and I reluctantly told her. She told me I had an hour to get rid of my headache (drink however many diet dr. peppers I needed, stay off the phone b/c then I’d start crying, take a shower, etc). During that hour they put Kamry on the monitor - I didn’t get to the shower (dang nurse)… of course my headache didn’t go away. My doc came back in, looked at me and said ‘it’s not gone’.. I wanted to lie – but my head was killing me. I asked why I couldn’t just live with a headache forever. She kindly told me all the reasons that was not an option haha. Then she threw the icing on the cake with: you know.. clinically the baby looks fine on the monitor.. but I’ve been watching this little girl for months and I’ve seen strips after strips.. you’ve been telling us for 3 days she’s not moving like you are used to and this strip doesn’t look a thing like your baby… And what argument do I have? Not a one… so off to L&D I go. I didn’t even cry b/c I knew she was totally right.

They started pitocin at 1pm (Friday, July 2nd)… (I told my perinate that pit wouldn’t do anything for me.. but she can’t help at this point b/c it’s not her show once I’m in L&D…) so they increased the pit til I was maxed out.. started the mag at some point around 7pm-ish (the day doc wanted to get me into active labor before starting the mag.. the night doc said I was there for severe pre-e and didn’t care if I was in labor or not LOL) The pit gave me weenie cramps.. but I was sleeping… then the mag made my head hurt worse (knew that would happen).. THEN I got to have a catheter sans epidural (since I’m nowhere near being in labor).. note to self: most miserable part of the entire experience was that catheter.. middle of the night I’m sobbing b/c it was so intensely miserable for me. Around 12am they stopped the pit – said they were going to ‘give your body a break for an hour’ and then restart it – and then they assured me it’d start up the ole labor bus… restarted around 1am… other than the sobbing over the catheter – I slept til my doc came in at 9am…

She told me how miserable I looked and was so sorry that nothing was going on…. Then she said ‘but you told me pit wouldn’t do anything’… She told me she’d talk to the doc and ask her to please break my water and see what happened… So the nice OB with a funny name and accent came in and broke my water (which had ZERO intention of breaking and that was a whole lot of fun having her do that)… around 9:30am… around 11:30 I decided I’d had as much pain as I was going to have this time around (it was 4 hours after my water broke with son #2 that I delivered and it all went so fast once it really started I didn’t get an epi and I didn’t particularly want to do that again).. so at 12:15 I got my epi - and by then my contrax were still 4-5 minutes apart but they were good and healthy and enough to keep me awake LOL
About 3:15 I got SUPER sick.. thought my blood sugar had tanked.. then started puking. At the same time Kamry’s heartrate started to drop whenever I did have a contraction (still a good 4-5 minutes apart)… the nurse was oh so calm while I’m puking, hooked up to an oxygen mask.. After a few minutes she decided to check to see what, if any progress was happening and when I rolled over I said something to the affect of – umm the babies head is right there.. and sure enough she checked me and her head was right there and all was ready… (gotta love an epi!!)

So we got everything ready and they took me to the OR (b/c it connects to the NICU and they’d rather wheel mom down than wheel baby if they can help it).. again – good thing for the EPI b/c I didn’t feel any desire really to push so it was a nice and easy trip down to the OR. The nice doc with a funny name met us there and sat down on the bed and said ‘whenever you’re ready you can push’… so we waited.. and waited… and waited for the next contraction (still coming a good 5 minutes apart).. and when it finally came I pushed sort-of.. and the doc positioned her.. then told me to give another little push and I did – sort-of… and out comes a crying Kamry! Jake cut the cord, took a picture, they showed her to me for about 2 seconds and off to the NICU she went.

She spent 8 days total in the hospital and is just a great baby!

Sorry they are so big - I'm to lazy to resize......

The night she came home:

VERY proud big brother Jarod:

Almost, but not quite as proud big brother Zachary:

July 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful!! Sorry about the high blood pressure and the staff not listening to you. When are these people going to trust their patients?! Glad it all ended well and you got your epi in time! Thanks for sharing Kamry's story.
July 24th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
CONGRATS!!!! She is gorgeous!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

July 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM
MariyaEvans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so cute!!
July 25th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Love the pictures!

July 25th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
congrats!

July 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful!!! Congratulations to you, and thanks for posting your story!

Mr. Nolan

July 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Super Mommy
She is beautiful! Congrats!!!

Thank you katydid for my Siggie!!!
July 25th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us!
July 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Congrats! She is beautiful!
July 26th, 2010, 05:52 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
She is beautiful...congrats.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
July 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful story! Glad Kamry did well and didn't have to stay at the hospital too long. She is just so tiny and perfect! =D

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

July 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
oh she is just beautiful, congratulations. I am sorry she had to stay in the NICU but so happy you were able to bring her home.

July 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats she is lovely!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search