Ross Stanley - 07.22.10 (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
It all started with Wednesday the 21st, I had my 39 week OB appointment, my current OB was on vacation so I had to see the other OB in his office, everything went really well but I mentioned that since baby had dropped I hadn't been feeling as much movement, so she recommended I head to L&D for an NST.

So I call S/O home from work and off we head to the hospital, everything was looking completely normal with the NST until the nurse came to unhook me, his heart rate dropped to 70 and shot back up so as a result we had to stay another hour, which also looked completely normal and return the next day for another NST and an U/S.

The next morning I send S/O off to work telling him that it is nothing and the hospital will be sooo boring, not to worry and I'll see him after work. I head up to the hospital for 10:30, and I wait and wait and wait some more, I finally get my NST started around 11:45, and it goes perfectly, I get unhooked and go have some lunch then head up to imaging to have an ultrasound. It got finished around 2, and I head back to L&D to wait to get the all clear from the on call OB.

I see the on call about a half hour later, and at this time I am informed that my fluid is low and that baby is measuring the same as he was at my 36 week ultrasound, so I have to be induced. I call S/O at work and tell him to get up here now! because its baby time

I was given gel to start my cervix from dilating at 3pm and I had to lay on my side for 1 hour, which gave me horrible cramps pretty much immediately. S/O got to the hospital at about 330, we watched a little TV while I was stuck on my side and he called our parents to let them know.

At 4 I was aloud to get up, so I walked around the room for a bit with an awful cramp, I started having contractions around 415 and about 20 minutes later I lost my lunch, then the OB came in, checked me, I was at 2cm and my nurse came gave me a shot of Demerol to take the edge off and gravol for the nausea. My nurse offered me the tub, which sounded great, so at around 445 I went and got in the tub, it really really helped, and I stayed in there for about 2.5 hours, when the OB wanted to check me.

So I dried off and we went back to our room, the OB checked me at 730, I was 3.5 cm and he broke my water, I then asked for the epidural so they called the anesthesiologist. At this time S/O's parents showed up. The epidural guy aka my hero came at 8:15 to give me my epi. S/O was the only one aloud to stay so his parents went to get some Tim Hortons and then to the waiting room to watch some tv.

After the epi was done (around 9) the nurse to us to rest and that we should probably send his parents back to our house to wait, she guessed it would be 6-8 hours before he would be born. So off S/O goes to send his parents back to our house, but they decide that they will just wait at the hospital a little longer just in case.

At 9:30, S/O and I are watching a little TV and I keep telling him everytime I have a contractions I can feel it in my bum (which i thought was soooo weird!) just then the babies heart rate drops and then the monitor stops picking it up all together, we page the nurse. She comes in and finds him on the monitor again, his heart rate is all over the place so he goes to call the OB but just before she does, I mentioned that i can feel the contractions in my bum, she asked to check me really quick, when she does she gets her fingers barely in and she says "the babies head is right there" I went from 3cm to 10cm in 2 hours!

S/O goes quickly out to the waiting room to get his mom who wants to be in the room for the birth. They come back and the OB is there setting everything up, he then makes me wait 15 minutes to get the babies heart stable before pushing, which was really difficult because I had the urge to push badly.

I started pushing around 9:50pm and Ross Stanley was born at 10:13pm, only about 20 mins of pushing. 6lbs 3oz (far from the 9lb baby we thought we would get) and 21.25 inches long. He had a bit of fluid in his lungs from descending so quickly but he got suctioned out and had no problems after that.

and here he is

July 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful story! Congrats, mama!
July 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing!!
July 25th, 2010, 02:07 PM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, so happy for you!!! Ross is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!!

Mr. Nolan

July 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! He is a cutie congrats!
July 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congratulations, he is gorgeous!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

July 25th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
aww, hes a cutie! congratulations!!
July 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
MariyaEvans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! He's adorable
July 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
He is so gorgeous! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing!
July 25th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
He is such a cutie!!! Sounds like you had a great labor experience.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

July 25th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Jeanie915's Avatar Hallie's Mommy
What a whirlwind! Congrats, he is beautiful!!!!

July 25th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Too cute! Thanks for sharing with us. Glad you had a good experience.

July 26th, 2010, 06:39 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congratulations!!! He is adorable, thanks for sharing.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
July 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats - he's adorable.
July 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story!! Awesome job at pushing too! =D

Congratulations on Ross ... he is a little cutie!!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

July 28th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, he's adorable!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

July 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww so cute!!! congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search