Breagha Lynn July 6th. (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Veteran
My birth story for Breagha.....
Sunday July 4th, I thought my water had broken - I went to hospital to see my OB - it wasn't what I thought tho. I had alot of pressure, doctor said I was dialated to 1. So, while leaking still - I went off to my sister in law's birthday party. The pressure and pain kept getting worst, all day and night.

Monday July 5th. The pressure was so much, I kept sayin something isn't right, im going to go into labor soon..I know it..I could not get comfortable at all, all day long. I was walkin, holdin my belly and all. It was very uncomfortable!

Monday night, as I was putting my daughter (14 mos) to bed, the pressure was horrible, i couldn't even lift to put her into her bed
because it hurt so much. 9:30, I started getting pains - kinda like contractions...so I just let it go, see what happens...because I've had many pains and aches through this pregnancy.
12:30, I was sure it was full contractions now about 7-9 mins apart.
1:30 I woke DF told him i was in pain, for him to go back to sleep, but he might not be going to work tho (he gets up at 3am for work)
. By 2:30, I was ready to go crazy with the pain...so I woke him up - told him to call into work, we are going to the hospital -- after all running around, and stuff...wondering if i really should go yet...
by 430 we made it to the hospital I was dialated to 2-3.

My OB had gone on vacation that same day, I wasn't happy, as my fear was that he wouldn't be there...lol I had another OB whom i had never met.
It took her almost an hour and a half to get to the hospital paged 4 freakin times! So, she made it there around 6am 4...I couldn't get anything for pain until she arrived. It was VERY bad contractions..and very close.

I asked for epidural at 6am...Repeatedly over the next few hours I kept asking....(two girls beside me, went and got their 's done...i was still waiting!!)
So, I dilated pretty quickly...by 10:30 7-8. 11:25 the epidural came....
I was 9cm by then....I didn't need it - we were ready to start pushing...almost. He put it in...i contracted 5 times...within that short periodl.....as soon as he was done, the doctor had me pushing....at 11:30....11:41 Breagha was born... 10 mins later, they took the epidural out of my back. So, It never worked - I felt everything!! So pretty much a natural birth, after all that.... But she was worth it!!!

Breagha was born 5 weeks premature. 5lbs 14oz and 20 inches long.
They took her right from me to the NICU I wasn't able to see her or hold her until later that day. She was in an incubator, hooked up to IV and feeding tube. She could not digest food at first and her breathing was too fast.
After 2 days, she started to drink breast milk....but by then she had dropped to 5.5 oz. After 9 days in total tho, Breagha was able to come home at 5lbs 10oz Now she is 3 weeks old and weighs 6lbs 11oz. She's a GREAT little girl, she is doing wonderfullllllllll!!!!!!!!!
My Entire World
July 28th, 2010, 11:32 AM
New Mom
Congratulations on your little girl! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

July 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congrats, sounds like she is doing great!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

July 28th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!... I would have been sooo upset that the doctor took so long but it seems u kept ur calm lol
July 29th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
congrats! i'm glad she is doing well now.
July 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Congrats!
July 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little girl!!

Sorry you didn't get your epidural in time, but at least you and baby ended up being okay! That's all that matters in the end!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

July 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
July 29th, 2010, 02:38 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear you are both home now.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
July 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
glad she's doing so well.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search