Miranda Eden Ashley - July 28, 2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I woke up on July 27 at around 5am to a weird trickle. Went to the bathroom and had gushes of pinkish fluid. I realized that my water had broken. Called the midwife around 9am and was told to come in to get checked and confirm that it was amniotic fluid. The midwife confirmed with a swab that it was definitely my water and not me peeing myself LOL. She could barely reach my cervix and I was only 1cm dialated. She went ahead and did a stretch and sweep to get some contractions going, which hurt like hell!!! I was told to go home and if I didn't progress by 7pm then I would have to go into the hospital to get induced, as the policy was that I had to deliver within 18 hours. I started walking and walking and just kept myself busy for the rest of the day, but I only had about 10 contractions that whole time. So I called my mom to watch the kids and we got to the hospital at 8:30pm. Got settled in the room and started the oxytocin at 10pm. The midwife checked me and I was 2cm at that point and she did another stretch and sweep. The contractions started up immediately and I got to use the birthing ball, which was awesome! I was able to manage the pain up until about 1am, when all of a sudden things got really intense. For about 1 hour the pain was picking up in intensity really fast and by 2am I just couldn't take it anymore. Midwife checked me again and I was 3cm and still very high but very soft. That was so frustrating!!! I asked for the epi....well I basically bit everyone's heads off when they said I could do it. I think my exact words were "no I can't and I don't want to". LOL Then I started to throw up violently. Finally the anestesiologist showed up and got the epi started at 2:30am. I hate getting the epi put in. It's a different kind of pain that I don't want to go through ever again. I was totally exhausted at that point but couldn't sleep cause I got the shakes really bad with each contraction. I could still feel pressure pretty bad and started throwing up again. In hind sight I think the force of the throwing up helped me dialate. DH fell asleep at that point. My midwife checked me again at 3am and I was 6cm. All of a sudden I started feeling the contractions in my cervix and bum very intensley again, a lot of pressure, as if someone was ripping me into two, and I could feel the baby moving down. Then the baby's heart rate started to drop really low. Sometimes we couldn't even hear it anymore and the midwife started to get worried and had me turn left then right. She would even rub the baby's scalp to get her heart rate back during contractions, that was a lot of fun! All this time DH is still sleeping. At 3:50am she checked me again and I was 10cm and the baby was right there. We barely remembered to wake DH up before I started pushing. We were actually waiting for a back up midwife to show up, but at this point there was no time to wait because of the heart rate dips being so bad. I pushed 3 sets of 10 and the head was crowning, then another 2 sets of 10 and the body slipped out. OMG that was the best feeling in the world. Such a relief to have her out.
Miranda Eden Ashley was born on July 28 @ 4:04am weighing 6lbs 11oz and 19inches long. She is such a small peanut compared to my other kids. She didn't cry much, which worried me, but everything was okay and her apgar score was 9. The reason for her heart rate dips was the cord around her neck.
We got to go home at 9am and are both doing great. Still working on breast feeding, as she likes to sleep on the breast a lot. She actually looks a lot like DS. I will post pics a bit later.
This was by far my hardest and quickest labor. I'm a bit sad that I had to be induced again and my pain threshold isn't as high as I thought it would be, but in the end it doesn't matter.
I got to see my placenta this time around. The midwife told us that it looked old and very calcified and asked if I took a lot of calcium supplements. I told her no, but I did eat a lot of Tums for my heartburn and she said yup, that's what did it. So I'm wondering if if my placenta was deteriorating slowly and not giving the baby enough nutrition and that's why I only measured 36cm and the baby was so small. I'm just glad she's healthy.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by Trish36; August 15th, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
July 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
Great birth story!!! It sounds like you did a wonderful job, congratulations!!!!

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
July 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing Miranda's story! She's just so beautiful, and so are you, Trish!

I really like how you put things, "In the end it doesn't matter"... Very encouraging for someone on the other side of things, yet.

Mr. Nolan

July 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! Good job, congrats!! I'm so glad you named her after me!
July 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your beautiful story, Trish! Congrats on your new little girl!
July 29th, 2010, 08:23 PM
MariyaEvans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!
July 30th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!

July 30th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Kirss1's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats!!!
July 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your new baby girl!! =D

Glad things went well, especially after the cord being wrapped around her neck. Sounds like a very quick labor experience!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

July 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congratulations! sounds like things went quick and intense!

oh, and she is exactly the same weight and length and my oldest DS was.....I think he was 19.5 inches lol.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

July 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Congratulations ; she is gorgeous!

miscarried @ 6w1d, July 2010.
July 31st, 2010, 04:08 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats
August 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM
kawohilani's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations - beautiful little girl you have there!
September 2nd, 2010, 09:52 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats one thing i forgot in my birth story, i had the shakes also! Whenever they would uncover me to check my whole body would shake like crazy, my mom kept getting worried! Ooh and the feeling when they put the epi in, sooo uncomfortable! I was so upset when the first anesthesiologist couldn't get it in, 45 mines and 6 or 7 tries was torture! It seems like your experience was similar to mine in a lot of ways. Your little girl sure was small, small and adorable!

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search