Nathan Christopher

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2010, 08:14 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Short version: Nathan Christopher was born on July 31, 2010 at 1:17am weighing 8 lbs 15 oz and measuring 21" tall.

Long version:

I was due July 30. Woke up that morning, decided to try castor oil to see if I could get things moving because on July 28 I was only 1cm and 25% effaced. Took it around 9am, nothing really happened. Decided to take another dose around 4:30pm. My system cleared itself out, and around 9:30pm I wasn't feeling the best, I thought it was the mix of the spicy dinner I ate upsetting my stomach and of course, all of the pooping

I was having what I thought at first was just pressure/pains from being gassy and having tummy trouble, but I then learned they were contractions. The question was, is this real labor or false labor brought on by the castor oil? DH started timing them and I was getting very uncomfortable with them. I got in the tub a few times and had to breathe through them and get DH to rub my back. around 10:30pm we decided to give my friend a call in case she needed to stay with DD while we went to get checked out at the hospital, we weren't sure if we were going to head in or not but we wanted her there just in case. I was really tired and wanted to go to bed, but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep and thought if I were going to be up all night I may as well go see if the contractions were making any progress.

Got to the hospital around 11:50, we went upstairs to the Early Labor Assessment Unit to see what was going on. the nurse immediately took me to Labor and Delivery to see how far along I was, and discovered that I was a 5-6 already!!! I wasn't even sure it was the real thing and had only been contracting for 2.5 hours at that point. So I told her I wanted to get in the tub. I get in and am in there for about 4 contractions when I decide it's time for the epidural, I had changed my mind about only using the laughing gas, it hurt too much. So they checked me and I was an 8, and they said they weren't sure I was going to be able to get the epidural. I was freaking out! I was like, "YOU GET THE DRUGS IN ME RIGHT NOW!!!" and by the time the guy came, I was 10 cm and had to start pushing. it was absolutely terrifying to hear them say "there's no time, you're having a baby now" lol

they did put something in my IV drip, and I did get to use the gas, but I don't think the IV drip had time to take effect and the gas didn't seem to do much because I felt EVERYTHING.

Nathan came out just one hour and 17 minutes past his due date. I ended up with an episiotomy, and a pretty natural childbirth. I can't believe I pushed out an almost 9 pound baby without an epidural, and that my labor was under 4 hours from start to finish. If we ever have a third, we're going to have to camp out in the parking lot.

He nurses like a champ and LOVES to eat. Thankfully my milk just started coming in this morning. He is borderline jaundice, so we have to get his blood tested in the morning to see if he needs to stay in the hospital for a day under the lights or not.

Here's a picture of my little man:

August 1st, 2010, 09:12 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww what a cutie!

August 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your new little man!! He's adorable!

Glad everything went well! And even tho you didn't get your epidural, at least it was a relatively fast labor!

Congrats again and I'm happy to hear you're both doing great!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

August 1st, 2010, 10:17 AM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Nathan is so cute!!! Goodness, you definitely had a fast delivery! Good thing you didn't delay any longer...He was READY to meet his family!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Mr. Nolan

August 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your little Speedy Gonzalez!

August 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
New Mom
Congratulations! Good thing that you didn't decide to try to sleep through the gas pains, lol. That is an amazing story & I hope that your unplanned natural childbirth wasn't too painful.

August 2nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
congrats!

August 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
He is adorable!! congratulations.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
What a cutie! Congrats!

August 2nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! What a fast delivery!! If you hadn't left for the hospital when you did you might have delivered at home! Can you believe it?! I'm so glad you and Nathan are doing well, he's absolutely adorable! Oh, and I love the short and long versions, btw! lol!
August 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
congrats! I can't believe how much hair he has! What a cutie!
August 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks, everyone!

I am glad I ended up giving birth without the epidural, my recovery this time has been a lot easier. I am also glad we left for the hospital when we did, because I don't think we would have made it otherwise!

sorry I haven't been on lately, we were readmitted to the hospital due to jaundice, and we haven't really been home.

here are a couple more pics of my boy:

August 3rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
He is super cute!!!!! CONGRATS!!! What a quick labor. Maybe the castor oil did the trick...or maybe it was just time for him to come out and meet his momma!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search