Julia Marie 7/29/10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So Julia Marie was born into the world by scheduled csection at 39wks 2days. She weighed 7lbs12.5 oz and was 20 1/4" long.
At my appt on 7/27 my BP was up again but lab work was normal for PreE. With my history i decided not to wait for the PreE to come this time and just schedule the csection. It was a very hard decision for me bc i wanted a VBAC so bad, tears were involved more then once at the appt.

So Thursday morning comes along, we arrive at the hospital at 830am for the csection to start at 10am. Get all signed in and on the monitors to check the baby. Nurse comes to put in my IV. This is the most painful memory i have from my previous 2 kids lol. Of course nurse tries cant get it. Tries my hand no good. Tries other wrist and gets it fine. I blacked out and my BP dropped so low. So i finally come around, nurse and dr said its normal and happens often. Dr and anesthesiologist come in to talk to me and explain whats going to happen. Finally the time comes, get wheeled back to the OR. What a different experience this was from my emergency csection with DS. Get all set up for the Spinal. I have to say i had the best anesthesiologist in the entire world. He was so sweet and gentle, my IV hurt more then the spinal did! Once the spinal was in it was such a wierd feeling. So the dr starts and DH comes in. Within a few minutes they start to pull the babies head out. The anesthesiologist gave me a play by play of everything they were doing. Few seconds or minutes (i dont remember lol) Baby Julia was out and screaming her head off!!! The anesthesiologist pulled down the curtain so i can see her. They then took her to be suctioned out. I started feeling sick and before i could even open my mouth the anesthesiologist had given me something to stop the nausea. The nurse took dh to get Julias weight and stuff. While he was gone the anesthesiologist sat down in his spot talking to me and telling me how great everything was going and how beautiful the baby was. All during the time Julia was screaming her little head off!! She was so loud, all the Dr were shocked. Finally Dh brought her into me for a few minutes while the Drs finished. The anesthesiologist took a few pics for us and then DH left with Julia to the nursery.

I went to recovery for a few hours. Actually longer then i needed to be there. L+D was packed that day. It was nice to be able to sleep some. Dh stayed with Julia. Was finally brought to my room, which was huge and had an ocean front view. So gorgeous! After about 15mins Julia came in and i nursed her right away.

We came home on Sunday, 3days after the csection.I had the option to stay and extra day but declined. I was missing ky and cj too much to stay again. Even tho they came to visit for a few hours everyday it just wasnt the same. Coming home Julia weighed 7lbs 5oz, so she lost 7oz.

Things have been pretty great since being home though. The kids love their baby. Cj is overly in love with her constantly kissing her. Kyleigh is more laid back but is coming around so much more now.

August 4th, 2010, 05:45 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
Congratulations! I'm sorry you didn't get to VBAC, but it sounds like everything went very well. What an awesome anesthesiologist and I am very jealous of your ocean view room. I hope your recovery is quick and easy for you.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
August 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing Julia's birth story!
August 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
congrats!!

August 5th, 2010, 01:12 PM
LillyAinwe's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrattles! Show us pictures soon!
August 5th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Veteran
CONGRATS on your baby girl! So glad everything went smoothly with the c-section and you are recovering well! Jealous of your ocean-view room!

August 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the c-section went fantastic ... sorry you weren't able to have your VBAC tho. In the end, as long as you and baby are healthy, that's all that matters!

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!! Can't wait to see some pictures. =D

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

August 5th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad everything went well. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl!
Jackson born August 2010

August 6th, 2010, 09:31 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congratulations!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks girls! Pics to come soon, i have been trying to get the hang of nursing and doing other things as well lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search