Bella Gracelynn - 8/2/10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Steph*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Bella Gracelynn
5:32a.m.
7lbs 5oz. 21 inches

It all started the night off 8/1/2010. That Sunday was just like any other day. I had no idea that I would be having a baby within the next 24 hours. I had no braxton hicks or contractions of any sort. I decided to go to bed around 9:30 p.m. because we were going to have a busy day with appointments. When I got into bed I thought I felt some contractions. I was able to sleep thru the first couple of hours. However, around midnight I decided I should time them to see how far apart they were coming. So I went into the living room and by this point I was concentrating through the contractions but the pain was tolerable. They were coming about 7 minutes apart so I thought that I still had plenty of time before she would be here. I wanted to let DF sleep as much as possible so I decided to take a shower around 4:15 a.m. I was planning on going to L&D around 6. However, when I was about done with my shower my water broke (this was about 4:40 a.m.) and it was a greenish color. I knew that was not good and got DF up right away. Almost instantly my contractions were very intense and I was in some pain. DF got up and started to wake Jayden up so we could drop him off at my parents' house on the way to the hospital. I was standing in the bedroom trying to get dressed and I yelled that I felt like I needed to push and I knew that we needed to hurry. We all got into the car and were at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. We went through the emergency room because the L&D doors were closed and I was wheeled up to L&D. I was checked in at about 5:10 a.m. I started to have a contraction and one of the nurses commented on how it sounded like I needed to push. I told her that it felt like I did and that I was trying not to push. So she decided to check to see what I was dilated to. She went to check and barely got her fingers in and said you are fully dilated and baby's head it right there. So within that minute there were a ton of people in the room trying to get prepared because the baby would be here soon. The nurses called my midwife at 5:14 and she was there around 5:20 (they had the on-call ob there just in case the baby would not wait any longer). This part is all a blur because it was all happening so fast. I would say that I was able to finally push at about 5:25 and all I could feel was this burning sensation. A couple more contractions later Bella was born at 5:32 a.m. I was able to have a natural child birth and am very happy about that!
August 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy COW!!! Sounds like a dream delivery!!!! Congratulations!! I'm assuming baby is well, given the circumstances with the meconium? I can't believe how fast that was for you!!! (you should see my face right now! It's like ) lol!
August 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Super Mommy
congrats! that was SUPER fast!

August 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
New Mom
that is incredible! I can't believe that you were in the shower at 4:15 and then delivering a baby at 5:32. Wow! Congratulations on your little one!

August 7th, 2010, 05:51 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Wow what a great delivery for you!! congrats!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
WOW!! That was a fast delivery! Congrats on your baby girl!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 8th, 2010, 07:04 AM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the "wow" of it all!! Congratulations to you!

Mr. Nolan

August 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Steph*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! It was a nice labor thinking back on it all...and Bella was great and healthy even with the meconium!!
August 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Super Mommy
That is super fast!!! Congrats on your baby girl!!!

Thank you Cavewoman!!
August 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, what a fast delivery...hope mines fast too!

Check out my blog: http://jrsygurl4life.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search