Suzannah Michelle 8/4/10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Unexpected Birth of Suzannah Michelle
A little back story first:

I was induced at 37 weeks with both Avis and Violette. I had pitocin, cydotech, and an epidural with them. They both weighed over 8.5lbs .

Monday- I went in to see my midwife and have an ultrasound. Suzannah was weighing in at 7lbs 3oz and was doing great, but the technician said that she was SO low that she couldn’t even measure her head. Yay! She still told me it would be a couple weeks though. When I talked to Debbie, my midwife she told me that with my blood pressures she would not induce until 39 weeks since everything was looking great. I was happy, but also getting anxious! That night I had a dream that my water broke. I was laying in bed with Avis next to me and felt a gush. When I woke up I was slightly disappointed because it had just been a dream!

Tuesday- That day I started feeling some cramping at about 10pm. I had gone for a short walk with Avis that night so I figured that things were just aggravated. I put the girls to bed and laid on the recliner for awhile. I started to notice that the contractions/ cramping were only about 3-5 minutes apart, but then they would bounce to 7 min apart. I figured it was nothing and went to sleep at about 12:30am.

Wednesday- I woke up at about 2:15 in the morning to a small gush. I laughed thinking that I was just dreaming the same dream as the night before and closed my eyes to go back to sleep. I moved and felt another gush, this one bigger and definitely not a dream.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom where the rest of my water was coming out. I went into the living room (still in complete shock) and called my midwife who basically had to convince me that I had in fact not peed myself

She told me to start packing a some things and come into the hospital sooner rather than later.

I called my mom (who is NOT a middle of the night person) and told her she needed to come to the house so Brian could take me in. When I went in to the bedroom I nudged Brian and said “My water broke…we need to go” and he looked at me all sleepy and said “are you going to drive yourself?” lol he was SO confused!

3:00am- Got to the hospital.

3:15am-After about 15 minutes we were in the L&D triage and my contractions were every 1-3minutes. The nurse checked me and I was already a good 3-4 cm so she pulled the rest of my water out to move things along.

4:45am- We were moved to the official labor and delivery room by 4:45 and my contractions were coming every 1-2 minutes. They hooked up my IV and started watching my contractions closely.

5:00am- The baby was impossible to keep on the monitors and the nurse was concerned because her heart rate was dropping into the 60’s with the contractions. So she did a scalp lead on Suzannahs head so they could better monitor the contractions.

5:25- 4-5cm with every contraction I was singing in my head "wither Im a flower..." lol an imagining my cervix opening up like a flower...haha I have NO idea where that came from!

5:30am- Meanwhile, my blood pressure was not doing great with the contractions and I was getting readings of 190’s/110. The nurse talked to my midwife and they ended up calling in the epidural STAT.

5:50- I was given the epidural and my BP responded right away…it went back down into the 140’s/90’s.

6:00am- Checked me and I was 5cm

6:25am- 7.5 cm!

6:30- Baby started having signs of distress with contractions. Debbie was called in.

6:40- Debbie went to check me and the babies head was RIGHT there…fully dilated and she was coming out without anyones help. Debbie told the nurses to get the bed broken down…

6:48- Debbie told Brian and the nurse to grab my legs and said to me:

“Okay- Pu-STOP!” I didn’t even do half a push and she was out! Lol it was INSANE. She joked later and said it was a good thing she didnt stop for coffee!

6:49- Suzannah Michelle was born weighing 6lbs 13oz and 20.5 inches long

She had some trouble with her blood sugars being too low, but by 8/5/10 she was better. She scored a 9/9 on the apgar at both the 5 and 10 min.

She took to breastfeeding like a champ, lungs were great, heart was great and we feel SO lucky!

I was so happy that I got to experience a birth without pitocin… The difference between contractions with and contractions without were amazing. If my water hadn’t have broken I would have never thought I was actually in labor. The whole experience was just really emotional and amazing.

My last Belly Picture...this was about 15 minutes after my water broke. i had hurried and showered and gotten dressed so that I wouldnt feel dirty while at the hospital I am so OCD.

Suzannah (2.5)

Last edited by momma2princesses; September 6th, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
August 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I am so excited for you it was just wanted you wanted......no induction and not huge baby!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laisydaisymama View Post
I am so excited for you it was just wanted you wanted......no induction and not huge baby!
Ditto, ditto, ditto! She is absolutely beautiful, love the pic of her and the girls. Congrats Michelle!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

August 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol I know! I was thinking that God took my prayers really seriously in exchange that this will be my last kid lol But honestly i couldnt have asked for a better experience. It was amazing. First time I cried like a baby after delivering!
Suzannah (2.5)

August 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
n.m.hood's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is gorgeous! So happy for you that everything went so smoothly! Your girls are all so beautiful!

Mr. Nolan

August 6th, 2010, 10:54 PM
M-n-MsMama0510's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing !!! Congrats momma. The pic of the girls with her melts my heart. They are SO in love.

August 7th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Super Mommy
she's lovely! congrats!

August 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She's absolutely beautiful. The name is really messing with me though.

August 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
New Mom
oh my goodness! your girls are all so lovely. Congratulations on Suzannah!

August 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
She adorable!! Congratulations!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

So glad everything went well, as unexpected as it all was!! Suzie is absolutely adorable! Avis and Violette look like very proud big sisters! =D

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

August 7th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
She is beautiful! What an amazing birth. CONGRATS!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search