Arielle Lynn- 8/4/2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
8/3/2010- I went to my OB because I had started itching all over the night before, and kept waking up, but had no rash. The midwife I saw told me it was probably my liver causing bile salt to build up in my blood and should resolve after delivery. She checked me and I was 1cm and very soft. She then told me to go get some rest and hopefully I don't go into labor at 3am since I didn't sleep well.

That night I was having my typical contractions, but they were irregular still. Went to bed at 12:30am and listened to my Hypnobabies CD. At 1:30 am, went to the bathroom and had bloody show. Right after, contractions started every 4-5min. I tried to sleep but couldn't, as my back hurt. Still wasn't convinced this was labor. Called my doula and she came over the the house. I sat on the birth ball and rested on the couch all night, but never really slept. Around 7am, contractions started being more frequent so we got ready to leave for hospital. At 9:00am we got to the hospital and I was 4-5cm, 60% effaced. I walked around the floor for a while and was 6cm by 10:30am, though the contractions had spaced out. We kept walking and I handed out the cookies I had made. The nurses couldn't believe I was walking around, joking and laughing at 6cm. Things were looking pretty good and on track for a pretty quick birth. By 12:30, I was 6.5, almost 7cm and 80% effaced, but baby was still at -2. My cervix was posterior, behind her head, due to her being LOA. I was still not in major pain and was able to control intensity/space between contractions by what position I was in. I tried different positions to get her to rotate and I finally felt her rotate and drop. When checked, my cervix was anterior and she was -1. I was now 7-8cm. My dr offered to break my water, as it was bulging, but I was afraid it would make the back pain more than I could bear. The lack of food and sleep hit me and I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. I had been up over 30hrs and hadn't slept good the night before. This was around 2:30pm. I told everyone I was too tired and couldn't do it anymore, and then I went to the bed and laid on my side. My contractions immediately spaced out to like 1 every 10-20min. I felt her make another drop down my pelvis. Around 4:30, I got up and was 8cm, 90% effaced. I then started telling DH I needed an epidural cos I was done with the back pain, and everyone in the room talked me out of it, knowing there was no way I wanted a needle in my spine. My ob came in and said if she broke my water, the back pain would let up for a couple contractions and when it came back it would be time to push. I said ok and she was right. My mood immediately improved and I got ready to push. However, there was meconium in it so the neonatologist team was called in for the birth. Well, I had gone to 9.5cm with the water breaking and now had a lip of cervix. The back pain was off the charts now. I'm guessing now that it was cervical pain I felt in my back. My dr had me stand and push to get the lip over her head. That almost made me pass out. I got cold sweats and lightheaded. I got back on the bed and the dr held the cervix up while I pushed. Again, I almost passed out from pain, but after a couple contractions the cervix was over the head. I then pushed even when the contraction was over, because I knew very soon I would reach my limit for the back pain. I thought for sure I would tear, but after a couple pushes she was out. I didn't have even so much as a scrape:-) She was born at 6:00pm, weighing 7 lbs 1 oz, and 19 3/4 in long. We came home the next day. She was my longest labor, even beating my posterior 1st baby. Everyone was surprised, including my doctor. Arielle is a great baby though, and her brother and sister both love to hold her.

August 7th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Great story and I'm glad you got the natural birth you wanted!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

August 7th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Super Mommy
thanks for sharing your story! you rock!!!

August 7th, 2010, 01:51 PM
New Mom
Congratulations! I can't believe you did all that without meds, you are amazing. Enjoy your little girl!

August 7th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
What a wonderful birth story. Yay for a NCB!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 7th, 2010, 05:49 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congratulations.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

What an amazing NCB! I'm glad everything went well and you got the birth you wanted.

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search