McKenzie Brielle (8/3/2010) : )

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
First I would like to thank my forever awesome due date buddy Aimee! Thank you so much for keeping everyone up to date!

Well Monday I went to my scheduled doctor's appointment that started off with me doing an ultrasound. I didn't know I had to do one because my doctor forgot to mention it lol. That day I also did not eat a lot only a banana so Kenzie was not moving around for the ultrasound tech. After my ultrasound I had to be seen by my doctor and she was not there so the nurse came out and told me that I would have to go over to the hospital to have some labs ran because my baby was not active. She told me to go eat some lunch and go on over.

Got some lunch and my mom and I went to the hospital, was set up on the monitor also had to give a urine sample and blood. Wow oh wow am I so tired of giving blood and the nurses always have a hard time finding my veins! So I get poked about three times before a good one is found. The nurse also tried putting in a iv just in case I had to stay, well it didn't work so she found someone else to do it and this person was just awesome!

Now I am going to try to sum up everything because I am getting sleepy lol. So got the iv after I was told that my tests were fine but my doctor wanted to induce my labor still. I was soooo scared and nervous. Got hooked up to the monitors and started my iv fluids and later the pitocin. My contractions were there and pretty high but I was not dilating at all with them. My family were surprised at how good I was taking the contractions. It really was not that bad as I thought it would be. I didn't even scream and I thought I would.

The pain reliever came in hand though and I was able to rest for a short while. The next morning my doctor came in and broke my water which is a really funny warm feeling. I thought it was going to hurt but nope nothing. My contractions start hurting a lot more after that. I braved through a few and than I told my mom time for an epidural!

My epidural experience was not the best. They stuck me about five times. I was crying because it hurt so bad and I just wanted it to be over. The anesthesiologist said the reason why it took so long was because my posture. She told my mom that she should be proud of me. That still did not make me feel good about the pain in my back which I still have.

Once I received my epidural my labor start progressing along and I started dilating fast. I also got nauseated and had to have some Zofran. After that I started feeling weird, it takes my family to tell you how crazy I felt lol. I told the nurse and she had the anesthesiologist come in and ask me questions. They turned the epidural off for a bit and than I requested it it be back on after she let me sit up.

I can't really remember the times to too well but I know around like 5 15 pm the nurse checked me and I was about 6 or 7 cm and afterward I just started dilating even more. The nurse kept saying I would dilate every hour but nope Kenzie was not having it she wanted out! I kept telling my mom I felt like I had to poop. The final time the nurse checked me I was ready to push. Pushing is no joke lol but all worth it at the end. McKenzie ended up coming out sideways and that made me tear a lot. I heard my doctor say it was a 2nd degree tear. I cried while she sewed me up because it hurt so bad and I felt the needle because the nurse cut off the epidural and my doctor told her she was not suppose to. All I wanted was for it to be over and enjoy my baby girl. I was so happy when I held her for the first time and saw that she was okay and just beautiful and healthy.

My little lady bug was born August 3,2010 at 6:18 P.M. She was 7lbs, 3.6 0z and 20 1/2 inches long. The baby nurse told me that I was very brave to push lady bug out the way she was facing because most women have to have c sections. I am hurting but she was all worth it and always will be. I am sooo nervous about being a mom but I know everything will be okay.

Well that's my summed up version of everything lol!

P.S. Thank you all for the easy labor vibes and prayers : )

Thank you so much Alethia
August 7th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats Mama, enjoy that baby girl!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

Thank you Cavewoman!!
August 7th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! beautiful name too!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

August 7th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Super Mommy
congrats!

August 7th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your experience wasn't the best, but you're right. It's all worth it.

August 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad it's over and she's here! Enjoy your little princess! Can't wait to see pictures
Jackson born August 2010

August 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
New Mom
congratulations on your baby girl!

August 7th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your little lady bug!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 7th, 2010, 05:46 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats Joy!!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Thank you ladies and I could not have done it without the great support I received here!

August 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Sounds like things got a little rough towards the end there, but I'm glad you and McKenzie are doing well!

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

August 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thank you : )

August 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations! cant wait to see pictures

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search