Hallie Marie's Birth Story (Finally!!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Jeanie915's Avatar Hallie's Mommy
So my contractions started at 2 a.m. on July 29. I got 3 hours of sleep that night---For some reason my body would not relax and go to sleep earlier that night. The contractions were about every 12 min through the morning and that day. I walked about a mile that day hoping to spark something. I had my 38.5 apt that day I was dilated to 1 and about 50% effaced and my ob lightly stripped my membranes. I had my bloody show when I got home so I knew it wouldn't be long. Contractions started to get closer at every 7-10 min that evening and through the night. I called my ob's office the next morning (July 30) and told them something had to happen--I was not going the weekend contracting like this! Either stop them or make something happen. I went back in to see if I had dilated anymore. I was at 2 cm and he very roughly stripped my membranes again!! Within the hour my contractions were at 5 min and getting stronger. 2 hours later--I was at every 3 min and in SEVERE pain!! We called the dr and he said to go the hospital. We went in and I was at 3 cm and 78-80% effaced. They monitored me for an hour and told me if I couldn't get to 4 they were going to send me home. When my ob got there--he made sure I got to 4 cm. He knew that I really didn't wand to be sent home!! After that I immedately received my epi and then the pitocin right after. My epi wore off on my left side within 30 min. Talk about pain! My entire right side my numb and my entire left side was feeling everything! They made me turn this way and that way..I was getting very angry. I started vomiting from the pain so they hit my with phenergan and stadol in my IV and then the anesthesiologist hit my 2 times with some meds in my epi. I was drugged out! Eventually the redid my epi and everything was better. I was starting to feel her head coming down and that was a whole other pain! I got to 6 cm and everything sort of came to a hault. My ob came in at 5:30 am and broke my water and told me that if I didn't get any further by 7:00 they would do a c/s. I was ready then! Needless to say, I didn't get any further. They came in and started hitting my with MORE meds and I was stoned! They told me that her heartrate was inconsistent but not really in distress. They started prepping me more for the c/s and I was in there within an hour. Hallie was born at 8:16 a.m. Her umbilical cord was around her neck and twisted around her body. The dr said he figured that was the reason she was not able to come down any further. That the cord would pull her back up after each contraction. 7 lbs 6 oz 19 in long. They cleaned her up and gave her to dh. He got to carry her to the nursery to show her off and stay in there while they did bathed her and checked her out. She was having some trouble regulating her body temperature at first--but that quicly dissolved. I didn't get to see her until around lunchtime. I had severe shakes during the entire labor from the pain and the different meds and they finally wore off a little bit before they brought her in. I was so tired from not sleeping--I was scared to hold her. I immediately fell in love. I had a hard time that day tho--People immedately started pouring in to see her and all I wanted to do was sleep! I attempted to breastfeed not long after I got her and she couldn't latch on. Her nose and sinuses were very swollen from the suction and she couldn't breathe. So bottle it was. I pumped and gave her my colostrum all weekend. She only lost 5 oz from birth to when we went home on Tuesday. She is an awesome baby and I couldn't be more blessed!

Last edited by Jeanie915; August 15th, 2010 at 06:21 AM.
August 14th, 2010, 04:27 PM
New Mom
Congratulations on your little girl! I'm sorry to hear about your difficult labor, but you did great! Enjoy getting to know her.

August 14th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your baby girl!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats on your baby girl!!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 16th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Kirss1's Avatar Super Mommy
YAY congrats!!! Sorry to hear the difficult time.
August 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search