Sullivan Christopher Frederick aka "Sully"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Chantel2488's Avatar Veteran
7:30pm Tuesday, August 10th
Arrived at the hospital for my induction at 2cm. First I received the foley balloon to help prep my cervix. That was not a fun experience and it didn't really help me progress throughout the night.

7:00am Wednesday, August 11th
The doctor started the IV of pitocin and things were looking good. I had progressed to 3cm and 60% effacement within a few hours. I started to notice some back pain and associated it with the uncomfortable labor bed. The nurse eventually told me the back pain was from contractions. A few more hours went by and I had progressed to 5 cm. The doctor came in to check me and broke my water without telling me. It had to be the strangest sensation ever. I apologized for "peeing" on him lol. Within 15 minutes the contractions hit me like a ton of bricks. They were NOT what I was expecting. I didn't feel uncomfortable in my abdomen at all. They were all in my hips and thighs..I couldn't control my thighs from shaking uncontrollably and started to panic. I asked the nurse when would be a good time to get my epidural and she suggested now. My "savior" aka anesthesiologist arrived shortly after. I loved the epi. I didn't feel a thing that he was doing..not even a strange sensation or pinch. The epidural started doing its job and I could feel a TON of pressure in my butt. The doctor was called in again and he checked me..still 7cm, -1 station. The pressure was getting worse and by this point I was stuck at 7cm and -1 station almost the entire day.

The pressure was turning into full blown pain over the hours and nothing was happening so the doctor came in around 6pm to tell me he thought a c-section was a good idea. 20 minutes later I'm being wheeled into the OR, placed on the bed and given the anesthesia. They started the c-section and things were seeming pretty normal until it was time to get Sully's head out. His head was lodged into my pelvic bone and I could feel them struggling to get it out. They basically beat my upper abdomen in order to get him out, while I'm sliding up and down the operating table because of the force they needed to use. Sully was born at 6:50pm weighing 9 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. His head was so misshapen from being stuck but it has rounded out since. One of the OR nurses took pictures of the entire thing for me so I'll post them eventually (nothing is "exposed").

After our little "ordeal" I was sent into recovery for about an hour, then wheeled into my post partum room. Everything from here on out became a huge blur. I honestly can't even remember the first time I got to hold him.
But I'm thrilled with the end product of this entire experience. I will post pictures once I upload them from the camera

August 15th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your baby boy!!! Glad everything turned out okay. Can't wait to see pics of Sully!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
mommy_2_ava_1109's Avatar Mommy to Ava & Jack
What a coincidence! I was also stuck at 7cm and -1 station for several hours. They didn't say a word about a C-section though. And my little man was 9lbs 3 oz. I also felt tons of pain and pressure in my hips and thighs. Sounds like we had a very similar experience. Sorry you had to have a C-section. How long were you stalled before they opted to section you? Was there any particular reason?

OH yeah, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to see pics!

August 15th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Holdens Mommy <3
congraulations!!! I can't wait to see pics of him!
btw..whats a folley balloon?
August 15th, 2010, 07:45 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congratulations on your baby boy!!!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 16th, 2010, 05:54 AM
~l~
Congratulations on your precious boy. Sorry about your c-section ordeal, but glad you are both healthy!
August 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search