Mya's Story <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2010, 11:19 PM
M-n-MsMama0510's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mya Lynn
August 13th, 2010
12:58pm
7lbs 12 oz. & 18 inches long (wrong lol)

Im not really sure when it all started but on Wed before (11th) I noticed her shaking and went to L&D, after that whole ordeal I ended up having a biophysical profile which she passed 6 out of 8 and said everything was fine to go home... So home I went.

Next day (12th) I contracted all day, tons of watery cm... They were about 5-6 mins apart all day some horribly painful others I'd just notice, I kept questioning myself wondering if they were real contractions or just something else. Finally around 12:30am the 13th I told SO to come get me since he was at work bouncing.

I got to the hospital in horrible pain and could hardly get into the front door (I refused to let him drop me off) we finally got to L&D and I was still 3cm 70% effaced. She called my Dr. and he told them to give me an ambien and send me on my way, I refused. Down right told him forget it, I was in pain and was not going home to have my 5 year old scared anymore and I was done. They then gave me 2 shots of morphine in my legs and I calmed down for about an hour, then rechecked and it had done the trick... 5cm and a buldging bag of waters, Hooray !! Finally being admitted.

It was around 5am I got into my room and hooked back up to the monitors... the pain was now even worse since the morphine had worn off. Things get hazy from here really... I just remember SO being sooo tired he laid on the couch and was out snoring lol. I was laboring in horrible pain begging for my epi which finally came & ended up not working since I had broken my spine in 07. I called my best friend who also was going to be the major picture taker to hurry up and come since she lives an hour away and I was already at 5cm. Next thing I knew they checked me again maybe 20 mins later and I was 7cm and thinking she wasnt going to make it! With the epi not working I literally held on to that bed as if I was about to die the most horrible pain, I even asked at one point for death since it seemed like the better option. Around 8:30am they checked me again and I was 9cm & broke my water so I knew it would be happening soon, or so I thought. Fast forward to 12pm I was checked again and still stuck at 9cm from a lip of my cervix refusing to move, I literally can not believe I didnt die from the pain. I begged for it to stop, cried when I felt another contraction coming saying "not again, please I cant do it" (Everyone kept telling me "just breath through it" ) The nurse said we'd do a couple practice pushes and see if she could push the lip out the way, it worked and we were finally on the way to pushing her out. The nurse paged the doctor 3 times and kept telling him his baby was coming and he needed to hurry... He never showed and she delivered Mya after 18 mins of pushing. Mya was a little blue but scored 8 & 9 on her apgars... The nurse told my friend to hit that emergency button on the wall that everyone wants to but is to scared lol. After that like 10 nurses were rushing in flooding my room to help out. I just laid there not talking... took it all in, SO beaming with love at his new daughter, BFF taking millions of pictures, Nurses working endlessly on Mya who finally cried, Nurse trying to decide if she should bother paging the doctor again or to deliver the placenta on her own. Dr. FINALLY showed and acted like he saved the day Yeah freaking right... He got a piece of my mind while he delivered the placenta... Everyone just stopped & stared at me, but I was pissed at him for trying to send me home n everything. He took a picture with Mya then left. (That pay check needs to go to my nurse, she was awesome! who btw had a student with her the whole time and it was her last day and her first baby born )

Now some pictures!!

^SO & I, Last picture being pregnant

^True contraction face

^Shes here !

^My first time holding her

^My loves

August 20th, 2010, 05:58 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
good for you for telling that dr what you thought lol, and you're right, the nurse should be the one getting paid for that delivery!

congrats!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Super Mommy
congrats! love the pics!

August 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
CONGRATS!!!! The last pic with your DS is so sweet!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM
mshah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I wish I could hear a recording of you giving it to that doc!!! lol!!!
August 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats! Great pics!
Suzannah (2.5)

August 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats...she is adorable.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 27th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Super Mommy

My little girl was born the same day.

Earn free Amazon gift cards with SWAGBUCKS!

August 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
M-n-MsMama0510's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw congrats !! There were 7 of them born on the 13th. 3 girls & 4 boys

August 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM
crazichickey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to crazichickey
Congrats!!! You have a beautiful family!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search