Rosie's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thursday started out just being a crappy day for me but in the afternoon turned around. I went got a pedicure then off to the store to make Scalani's sauce for the eggplant parm. Although I did chicken instead. I ate it thinking yeah whatever but hey I am desperate...lol

Went to bed and got up at 1130pm feeling contractions but nothing real strong but enough to wake up. They really weren't timeable either. So I laid back down around 1230 to try to get some sleep. Got up at 0100 to use the bathroom and as I was getting ready to sit down had a gush of water. I stood there thinking oh great I just peeded myself, but then it hit me that this felt different..lol So I checked my pants and sure enough my water broke. Woke DH up and he was all OMG what do I do for a few minutes...lol
Contractions are getting stronger at this time and coming faster. We get to the hospital at 130 and told to sit in the waiting room since they are full and they are working on clearing beds out.
Finally around 245am we get a bed in triage. And then they tell me oh we may have to transfer you to a different hospital as you are the most stable. Okay I guess but where. Oh they wanted to transfer me to a hospital an hour away. They checked me and decided no for some reason. Which I am glad they didn't. By 4 I was finally getting into a room and the contractions are coming harder.
When the MW asked me my pain level at first I was like oh its an 8/9 she kinda laughed and said honestly your about a 4. When you get a contraction and you are crying that will be an 8/9. Okay I thought whatever. Then bam I had one hit and OMG I thought I was dying. Yeah the ones I had early were nothing compared to these. I was trying to relax and make it through them but it wasn't working. So I decided to get the epidural. Well since they were so busy it took forever to get one. I finally around 730 they came to give me my epidural. By 8 I was feeling good and able to get a nap.

DH was so awesome. But I think he was happy I got one so he could take a nap too...lol

930 they started my second round of antibiotics and by 1030 I was starting to push and Rosie was here at 1123.

While I couldn't feel the actual pain still feeling the actual pressure and was able to know that when my contractions were coming it was time to push so I was still able to let my body to the work rather then them telling me how and when to push. I loved my experience there for the most part. As they really did follow our plan and were very relaxed and not pushy. DH got to help catch her and he cut the cord as well.

So from the time I felt my first contraction at home to her being born it was about 12 hours total.
I got a very minor tear more cosmetically they said then anything so one stitch and seem to be healing okay.

Here are her pictures

Its a Girl | Facebook

August 29th, 2010, 05:35 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
She is adorable! congrats.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 29th, 2010, 10:23 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much did she weigh +length? (for the bday list ...)

Congrats momma!
Suzannah (2.5)

August 30th, 2010, 08:27 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
7lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long.

August 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
what a cutie! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

August 31st, 2010, 09:30 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congratulations!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

September 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search