Brynlie Mae

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
.Jessica.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brynlie Mae
Aug 25 2010
5:24 am
8lbs 6oz 22in

It all started on the 24th. It was a full moon, which some say puts women into labor. So me, being sick of being pregnant, was going to try anything and everything to get that baby out. I went on a long walk, at a ton of spicy salsa, sat on the exercise ball, took a hot bath, and finally at 7:45 pm I decided to take some castor oil. So I took 2 tble spoons with some soda, not an easy task. And then I sat and waited. And waited. And nothing. So we decided to go to bed finally at around midnight. I had no contractions no pain no nothing. Then at around 3:30 I thought I peed myself in bed. So I got up and changed everything and went back to bed. Still with no contractions or pain. I couldnt fall back to sleep so I just layed there and thought about everything. Then at 4:21 exactly I felt a POP, like my back popped. I didnt think it was my water cause there was no fluid that came with it, I just thought my back must have popped. Then I felt a little wet so I got up to go to the bathroom and check and whoosh came a whole bunch of fluid. I still wasnt sure it was the real thing. So I waited to see if I had any contractions. I had about 3 contractions and they werent bad at all, and then I woke up Jason and said I think my water broke, but im not sure. He didnt care if I wasnt sure or not, he was up and calling the troops. I kept telling him just to wait and lets time the contractions and make sure it was the real thing. Cause Id feel bad if it was all in my head and everyone got up at 5 in the morning for nothing. He didnt listen to me at all and by 5 we were in the car and headed to the birthing center. He drove like a mad man, and yes he ran red lights and was speeding in a double fine zone. I had quite a few contractions in the car on the way, but I was handling them pretty good. I could talk after each one and I think I even laughed in between one or two. We got to the birthing center and my midwife was already there and set up! I went in, she asked me to lay down so she could check to see how far I was dilated. I just remember saying Im not sure Im really in labor. So she has my lay down and she checked, I WAS AT 7!!! I couldnt believe it. I was actually in labor, on my own, without medicine. But while she had me laying down I had a contraction, I can see why people have to have epidurals in the hospital, because laying on your back while going through a contraction is VERY PAINFUL. I had to roll over to get out of that postition. After she checked me she started the bath tub while I had two contractions while holding Jason and rocking. I got into the tub while it was still filling up and AHHHH it felt so much better. I probably had about ten contractions in the tub and I could feel the urge to push and I didnt really even push my body just did it. I just remember I wanted to wait until my mom and sister and sister in law could get there. But that wasnt going to happen. But Lexxi my sister did end up making it in 4 minutes before she came out.

So all I remember is asking if it was ok if my body pushed cause I couldnt control it anymore. And my midwife said of course do what feels right. So I just relaxed and my body just did....well I guess it pushed. And her head just came out and I heard the midwife say is the cord around the neck? She was asking because Jason was delivering the baby and she was watching. And as there were checking my body gave one last grunt and her shoulders and body came right out. The cord was wrapped around her neck twice but they got that off right away. He put her on my chest and I was in amazement. She wasnt crying and I was scared. I was telling them to make her cry, and the midwife said she is breathing she is fine. But of course I wanted her to cry cause then I would know she was breathing. So I was rubbing her back and saying cry baby cry. She was pinking up very nice but I still wasnt convinced. She just sat on my chest looking at me as I rubbed her back and she finally made a little squack and I relaxed a bit. This whole time we had no clue if she was a HE or SHE and Jason said what is it? So we opened her legs and IT WAS A GIRL!!! I still am shocked. I thought for sure she was a boy. I started crying cause I was so happy. I dont know if I would have cryed had she of been a boy, I probably would have, but I was just so happy to have another little girl. We let the blood get out of the cord and then Jason cut it and they took her into our room and I got up and out.

Shortly after Jeanene my sil showed up and then my mother came with our other kids. So they got to see her just a half hour or so after she was born.

I had her at 5:24 am and I was out and home by 8. It was the best experience of all my births. I was only in labor for one hour and eleven minutes. And was home in no time and felt like a million bucks. Id do it over again in a heart beat.

We are so in love with our perfect little bear. She is the easiest baby we have ever had. Hardly ever cries and if she does its cause she is hungry. Calm, beautiful, perfect. I am in heaven and just stare at her for hours at a time.

Anyways I could go on and on.

August 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats!!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!
Suzannah (2.5)

August 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
What a wonderful birth experience.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 5th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search