AJ's birth story 8-25-10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
Let me start off by saying that I was stuck in some strange early labor for over a week before he was born. I've had a couple false alarms with the other kids but nothing like that. I had contractions that would slow or intensify randomly anywhere from 4-15 minutes. But even at 4 minutes they would not continue to progress into active labor. I slowly went from 1 to 4 cm, 20 to 90% during this week. Finally by Sunday I relaxed that baby obviously was taking his sweet time and decided to stop stressing and really started enjoying my time the girls and dh before baby's arrival. My dr saw me on wed 18th Nd told me I would likely have the baby in the next day or two. Well, I didn't and made it to my appt onthe 24th and he was shocked. So we finalized plans for my induction for the 25th. My mil took our two older girls for the night so dh and I only had our 1 yr old. I knew we would not sleep alot and of coast I saw every hour on the clock. I woke up at 530. Could not sleep anymore. Noted 6 minute contractions while I finished putting things away etc. Called hospital at 6 and got the ok to be there at 7am. My mom arrived to watch youngest and we were off! We meet my ob in the lobby per tradition so dh and him could get coffee then headed upstairs to l&d. Arrived, said hello to everyone, alot of friends, checked in, and changed. A friend was my delivery nurse. She got me hooked up and noted I was having
contractions every 5 and started my antibiotics. My friend( my doula) showed up at 9 and my friend/birth photographer showed up. We did some speed walking around all chatting and laughing. Contractions got to 4 mins and bp spiked. I sat and it went back down. We pretty much all just hung out laughing and watching tv etc until my ob was coming back at noon. I knew things woul be serious baby business when he showed so I tried to stay relaxed. He called and had my nurse start pit at 1130. My on arrived at 1215. Checked me and broke my water 1225. Almost instantly my contractions were intense. I started breathing through them. ( I want to take this time to talk about birth affirmations. Another friend of mine is a massage therapist and a doula and she had been speaking with me about affirmations, particularly birth. About a week before this she had me start reading a series of birth affirmations. I was skeptical but I wanted labor to start if it was going to torment me or to manage my labor pain better) I started thinking through my contractions. Envisioning my cervix opening, baby coming down. I spoke to myself telling my self to relax instead of tensing up. I went into my own world and was very drowsy between contractions. I remember rubbing my belly while i brwather slowly, and spoke yo myself in my head. I remember looking up at my doula and telling her how I was feeling and baby was moving down. Then I was nauseous. I tol her baby was very low and I could tell I was dilating quickly. It had been about 30
minutes. She checked me and I was 8cm. She had me roll over. I saw dh standing there and relizex I hadn't spoke to him really. I remebrr telling him I loved him and it was gonna happen very fast. Then told my doula to call my dr.The next 15-20 mins I kept myself calm and realized i was ready to push and could not
control it. I pushed twice as the dr was walking in. My nurse already had everything set up and tw dr suited up and gave me the officially ok. I pushed twice an deliverd his head, then his sholders got a little stuck. I finally pushed him out and ended up with a small tear that needed two stiches. I grabbed the baby from my dr and out him on my chest. It was 1:22 when my son Andrew Jason (AJ) was born. Just 57 minutes of labor! He was 8 lbs 20.5 inches of handsome baby boy! Dh cried as I had predicted. Baby latched on right away. We all chatted and joked, took pictures, decided on lunch while baby nursed and I fell in love with a second man in my life. I loved how in touch I felt with the birth I felt and how well it went. I loved that my husband was with me to expiernce us bringing another miraculous life into the world. I loved my husband got his son. I loved that many of my close friends were there with us. It was amazing and I loved this birth expierence. I find it to difficult to load picture on here by I will add the link for my birth picture when they r finished I can't wait to see them and share!

August 25
My mil took my two oldest girls for the night

September 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
What a wonderful birth experience. CONGRATS on your baby boy!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Congrats...what a great birth story!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search