Brendan Stephen 8-29-2010

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whoever said first time moms' labors take all day obviously hadn't met my uterus, lol.
My due date was the 30th and on Friday the 28th I had an OB appointment. I was 3-3.5cm dilated and so she swept my membranes .
Saturday I had bloody mucus all day, so of course DH and I were full of anticipation-but nothing happened. Not even a single Braxton Hicks. To say we woke up disappointed on Sunday morning is an understatement. We tried to keep busy all day, but finally couldn't stand being in the house anymore around 4:30pm.
We decided to go to our local Wal-Mart since they just finished remodeling it and DH needed new polo shirts for his new job. We got there, looked around for a little bit, and decided to go to the Wal-Mart the next town over since it had a bigger men's section than our store.
We spent 30 minutes or so looking around, found the stuff we needed and were getting ready to leave when DH suggested we call his mom and go to a local restaurant for dinner. I don't think either one of us was that hungry, but neither one of us wanted to go home so I said sure.
We got to the restaurant before his mom and at 6:45pm right when our iced tea was arriving I felt a pop way low in my uterus and it hurt for a good minute or so! The pain went away, so I said something to DH but didn't think much of it.
Partway thru dinner I *thought* I was having contractions. (I really was having them, but never having had them before I wasn't sure!) I texted DH, because I was in such denial I didn't want to say anything in front of his mom and then be wrong,
We finished dinner about 7:15, and by that time the contractions were starting to get pretty strong, and according to our text messages they were only about 6 minutes apart. Also, when I stood up to leave, I felt a small gush in my undies. That's when I was like, OMG I think I am in labor! DH drove me home, and I hopped in the shower while DH called my OB. She told him to get me to the hospital as my contractions were under 5 minutes apart already.
Unfortunately, that's when I started to not feel very well. I had 4 bowel movements before we even left the house, and was starting to feel nauseous. I grabbed a mixing bowl for the car and we left the house at 8:10pm.
I threw up 3 times in the car, and my contractions were getting more and more intense, and felt like they were only in my back, with little to no relief in between them. They would get super intense, and then taper off after a minute but never completely go away. It was not what I expected at all.
We got to the hospital at 8:30 and when the triage nurse checked me I was already 6cm, 100% effaced, and baby was at 0 station. We were so excited! Of course, then I threw up 2 more times before they could move me to my room, lol.
My nurse Caroline was super nice, but she made me really mad, because at this point my contractions were only 90 seconds apart and lasting a solid minute a piece, and still not really giving me a break in between, just tapering off to tolerable, and all in the back. She made me lay down for a good 25 minutes so she could get a reading on the baby and it hurt so bad to be in the position.
She finally let me get up when I told her I needed to pee-- I tried to go, but there was nothing there. Thinking about it now, it must have been the baby pressing really low, but I don't care, it got me out of that bed!
When I came out of the bathroom, DH had talked Caroline into letting me stand next to the bed so she could monitor me and the baby still, but I wouldn't have to lay down. Thank you DH! So that's what I did for the next 30 minutes. Held the bed rail with one hand, DH's hand with the other and swayed ad breathed through the horribly intense back labor.
At 9:30 my doctor called and asked Caroline to check me. I had only been at the hospital an hour so wasn't expecting a whole lot of progress, but to everyone's surprise I was complete and ready to push! Caroline was startled and said she had to go call my doc to get her to come in ASAP, lol.
She had me lay on my side and not push until she got there. That was really really hard. At some points my whole abdomen would shake with the force of the contractions-- my body reallllly wanted to get that baby out!
My doctor arrived at about 9:50, and had me start pushing. I was able to push about 3 times per contraction and only pushed for 5 or 6 contractions worth. Brendan was born at 10:11pm and was 7lbs 3oz and 19'long!
I did it without drugs like I wanted, and only had a 2nd degree small tear. I am so happy that not only did I get a super short drug free labor, but I also got my beautiful baby that we tried for for 2 long years and a heck of a lot of doctor's visits and infertility treatments!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

September 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!
Suzannah (2.5)

September 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Congrats on your birth! Some of it reminds me of my delivery. Glad your baby is here and healthy.
September 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
sounds like you had a perfect labor experience and it was so fast!! conrats!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search