Bryant Cole's LONG birth story!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Super Mommy
My hubby kept a journal of our hopes for a natural birth, so I am just typing what he wrote.
8/23/10
Dr's appointment that morning. Still not dialating. Dr thinks that it's time to induce. Tell us to be at the hospital at 6pm to start on a pitocin drip to get these contractions going.
We checked into the hospital at 6:30. Mommy was running late. They started pitocin at 9 pm. Contractions started at 11pm.

8/24
Contractions were 5-7 mins apart all night long. Dr came in and check Mommy at 8:30am not dialated and only 50% thinned out. Dr was unable to break her water.
5:00pm
Dr came in and checked Mommy and she was only a fingertip dialated. Still couldn't break her water, so Dr told the nurses to turn off the pitocin so Mommy could eat, get a shower, and walk around for a little bit. Contractions never stopped, but were not as stong as they were on the piticon.
8:00pm
They started the pitocin again and gave Mommy drugs for her pain. She got a fairly good nights sleep.

8/25
Dr came in around 7:15am and broke Mommy's water. He attached probes to your head to monitor your heartrate.
8:30 am
They gave Mommy some more pain medication . The contractions were really strong now. Mommy is only 1cm dialated.
9:30 am
Mommy is still only 1cm dialated. The contractions are really strong and the pain medication is not working. Your heartbeat is 128 beats per min.
10:15am
Mommy is 1 1/2 cm dialated. Contractions are 3-4 mins apart. Mommy now falls asleep between them.
11:40 am
Mommy is 2 1/2 cm dialated. The pain medication makes Mommy a little delusional. She sleeps in between contractions. They wake her up and she starts talking about dolls, dresses and shopping. This is the scariest part for Daddy because I can't do anything to take the pain away.
1:40 pm
Nurse is putting in Mommy's epidural because she can no longer handle the pain. They have also turned down the pitocin. Now the contractions are a little further apart.
2:00 pm
Mommy is feeling no pain now. The epidural a long with the pain medication Mommy got earlier has knocked her out. Now that Mommy is in a deep sleep the Nurse is putting an oxygen tube on Mommy's face to make sure you get enough oxygen.
2:15pm
Dr came in and checked Mommy. She is now at 3 cm and 80% thinned out. Getting close.
3:40pm
Still at 3 cm. No improvement.
4:45
Dr came in and stretched Mommy to 5 cm. You are not decending like the Dr thinks you should. Now Mommy will be checked every hour. Dr said that if you have not come down any and if Mommy doesn't do anything else they will take you around 8pm
5:45
Nurse came in and checked Mommy, still no change. Your head has started to swell, but nothing to worry about. It's not looking good for a natural birth. Boy your starting off on the wrong foot with your Mommy!
6:55
Nurse checked Mommy and your are just being stubborn. We are going to have a c-section.
7:30
We make the journey to the delievery room to prep Mommy and get ready for your arrival.
8:00pm
You made your entry into this wild world. You weighed 9lbs, 3 oz and were 23 1/4 inches long.

I gave it all that I could! As the Dr pulled him out, he told me that there was no way I could have had him. His head was really big and that was the reason that I hadn't went into labor on my own. I still wished that I could have had my natural birth, but I tried!

Cole is such a sweet baby. He still has his days and nights mixed up, but we are making it. Thanks for taking the time to read Cole's birth story. I am so glad that Buddy took the time to write all this down as it was happening. It's something that I will really cherish!
September 9th, 2010, 02:20 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a long little boy! I think you pretty much rocked the contest for longest full term baby!

Congrats!
Suzannah (2.5)

September 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
I was thinking the same thing, that's long!!! Sorry you didn't get the natural birth you wanted but he's here and healthy. Hope he gets his days and nights figured out soon!
September 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! When they told us how long Cole was, my first reactions was "what?" lol.
One of the nurses said that she has been at this hospital for 5 years and he was the longest that she had seen!
He is going to be tall!!!
September 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Your husband's journal is so sweet!! How awesome of him to write everything down for you. Sorry your didn't get your NCB, but the important thing is that your baby boy has arrived happy & healthy. You definitately deserve the longest baby award! CONGRATS!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Super Mommy
sorry you didn't get to have a vaginal birth like you wanted, but i'm glad your big boy made it safe and sound!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search