Jaden's arrival!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
jessi0887's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im going to start with wednesday the 17th. I went to my regular appointment. I had been checked the day before and was 1 cm. On wednesday i was 3 cm. So doctor was like i doubt you will go another week. I wanted to believe her but i had heard to many people talk about how they were 4 cm for the last two weeks. So i was in feeling it would be that way. On thursday i had no strong contractions just one or two light ones an hour. So i was like yeah not this week. I lost more of my mucous plug that afternoon. Thursday evening my contractions started picking up and becoming regular. They were only every twelve minutes though when i went to bed. I woke up a few times with strong ones but went back to sleep. At 4:30 in the morning i woke up with my undies feeling soaked. I went to bathroom trying to see if it was my waters and when i looked in toilet i had my bloody show. I still wasn't sure if it was my water leaking but when i started having contractions every five minutes i said well maybe i should go to hospital. So I got to ER at 6 exactly. They got me upstairs and my contractions were regular but not painful. I could hardly feel some of them. I was thinking i was going to get sent home. Well she checked my waters which wasn't leaking. And i was 5cm. So they admitted me. At 8 the doctor came in and checked me. I was still 5cm so she decided to break my waters to speed things up. After they broke my waters they started pitocin. Which i was scared of. I thought i was going to be in pain but i wasn't. The pitocin really didnt make it all that bad and probably helped things go faster. The nurse checked me again about a couple hours later and i was 6.5 cm. I was just sitting there watching tv. Calm as could be. Had no pain meds at all. NO epidural or nubain. Around 11 i wanna say i started feeling anxiety like i couldnt do this anymore and i looked at the nurse and told her im going into transition so she decided to check me. Sure enough i was 7.5 cm. So i asked for some nubain and only half a dose . She gave it to me and i rested after that. About an hour and half later i started to really hurt. I was grasping things hard but not too hard. I then asked if i could have second dose of nubain. It did nothing for me at this point. The nurse checked me again at some point and i was still the same. I started screaming in some contractions. I kept trying to get up because laying down made it worse. The nurse kept holding me on the bed because i wasnt allowed up after my water was broke. I cried and begged for them to get Jaden out. It was rough at this point. The doctor even came in at one point and couldnt believe i wasnt fully dialated yet. I grabbed the nurse and squeezed her arms real tight and later apologized for it. Then around two i looked at her and said i want the epidural. I repeated that and said its not too late i want it now. I looked at her and she said the ansteologist is in surgery right now but we will see if he can come soon. I waited forever it seemed but finally she said he was coming. She then told me i neeeded to calm down and be still. That if i even moved when he was trying to get the needle in he would stop and not do it. So i tried to calm down . It was hard but when he walked in i managed to keep as calm as could. I had to sit indian style with back towards him. Nurse held me down and the only thing that i knew to do when those contractions hit was bare down and push some. I know not being fully dialated that i shouldnt of done that but it helped me not budge while getting that needle stuck in me. It was almost immediate relieve. I didnt feel pain but i could still feel everything else. I could move my legs. I could feel the pressure. I told nurse that and when i lifted my leg she was like how are you moving that. I guess he gave me a low dose so i could still push. The nurse checked me after i got the epidural and i was 8.5 cm . Some time after three i was fully dialated but my cervix wasnt fully softened. So i had to lay on my left side to put pressure towards the area that wasnt fully softened. The doctor came in and started massaging my cervix and everything. Then she would tell me to push to get jadens head to apply the pressure. I pushed forever. Then finally they started seeing his head crowning. After struggling soo much the doctor finally got the vacuum and with three pushes he came out. I was able to feel him slide out. It was amazing. Then when she put him on my stomach i just cried. It was soo hard but soo worth it. He was born at 4:22 pm on Nov. 19th weighing 8 ibs 12 oz and was 22 inches long. So thats my birth story.

November 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing...what an awesome experience!

November 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM
mommy*tired's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad he's here and safe!
November 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Thank you for sharing your birth story.

November 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Super Mommy
Awesome story.

November 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
*lynea*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

November 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!

November 23rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing. Congratulations!

November 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!

November 23rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing
November 23rd, 2010, 09:15 PM
BabyBee2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!

Delaney Nicole 12/6/10
Proud parents Desirae and Chris
November 24th, 2010, 06:38 AM
*Kaelee's Mamii*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow amazing story.. glad everythings ok hes healthy baby boy

how many weeks u was before u had him

November 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
mommy_jackie's Avatar Jaide & Jo's Momma
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

November 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM
4seasons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story, thanks for sharing.

November 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Congrats on your little man!!! Amazing story!!!

November 27th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
November 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
simplycorey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Mom to: Kimberly (15), Caleb (14), Micayla (12),
Zechariah (11) and Frankie - born 1/3/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search