Kinsley's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Super Mommy
I finally got a couple minutes to post our story....it's pretty long.

I had my regular scheduled 37 week OB appointment on Monday November 15th. My doc checked my cervix and i was 4 cm dialated and 50% effaced. This was pretty good progress since only the week before i was 1 cm dialated w/almost no effacement. My blood pressure was higher then usual so my doc sent me for bloodwork, he also told me if my bloodwork came back abnormal we might have to schedule a c section even though we were really trying for a vbac. I told him we will do what we have to and if its c section so be it. I had started feeling a lot more pressure on Sunday and was very emotional that day. I told him i had been having some contractions off and on on Monday so i figured that was why my blood pressure was higher. He really wanted me to take my leave from work and not return until after the baby was born. I was sent home to wait for my blood results and he recommended trying to use my breast pump several times to stimulate more contractions. I started having pretty regular contractions that were at one point only 2 minutes apart but they spread back out after about 30 minutes. I continued to have contractions throughout most of the day tuesday but they were never consistent until that evening. I called my husband home from work and we went to labor and delivery to be checked out since my contractions went from uncomfortable to painful. I was checked at hospital and i had dialated to a 5 and was about 50 to 60% effaced. They had me walk around hospital for an hour and come back to be checked again. I was still only 5 cm when i returned so they had to send me home since i was a vbac they could not give me anything to get my labor going unless i had dialted more within that hour. My contractions were consistently 2 to 7 minutes apart the entire time i was at hospital. The nurse said i was in active labor (no kidding, i'm in pain here) and to return to hospital when i could not breathe or talk thru my contractions (thanks alot lady). They tried to give me pain med before i left and i refused but they talked me into taking an ambien so i could sleep that night. After several hours i was able to finally go to sleep once i got home. My doc called with my bloodwork results and everything was normal so blood pressure was probably higher because of contractions i was having.

My doc wanted me to return to his office on Thursday November 18th to re check blood pressure. I stayed in pain most of the day on wednesday from mild contractions and pressure. I was up all night long, got no sleep at all from being so uncomfortable. I went to my doctors apt on Thursday morning with my husband in tow (at this point i wasn't driving), i was an emotional wreck all morning and was having crying spells from lack of sleep, etc, etc. My blood pressure was still high when i arrived at doc office. He checked me and i was almost 6 cm and still 60% effaced. After being checked my doc left office so i could get dressed and as i stood up i felt a small gush of fluid running down my leg. I thought maybe i was losing some mucus so i went to wipe and noticed it appeared watery and had a pink tinge to it. I had my husband step into hallway and ask the nurse to come into the room. The more i stood up the more i was leaking fluid. She started clapping and said it appeared my water had broke. The doc came back in for a minute, gave me a pad and towel to put between my legs while my doc called labor and delivery to tell them they were bringing me over. I was taken over to hospital in wheelchair by my nurse, everyone clapping and rooting me on as i passed down the hallway of doctors office. I arrived at labor and delivery and there was a baby boom because they were busy. I was in a evaulation room for over an hour and i was getting nervous i would be having the baby soon and would not even be in a delivery room. I was even more afraid i would miss my opportunity to get an epidural if i wanted one. I arrived in my delivery room and the first thing i did was get an epidural. I was feeling pretty good after that. I stayed at 6 cm for couple hours after arriving at hospital, they put in internal monitor to better monitor my contractions and after about 30 minutes of nurse checking me i told her i was feeling pressure. She had the hospital doc check me and to everyones surprise i was already at 10 cm. They had me do about 3 trial pushes and let the baby move down on her own. They called my doc and told him to hurry his buns up while they were telling me not to push, which is incredibly hard to due when your body wants to push. Oh yeah, that incredible epidural started to be not so incredible at that point, i had most of the feeling back in my legs and was feeling a ton of pressure. My doc arrived and i started pushing, i pushed about 4 or 5 times, felt an huge relief of pressure as they were putting my beautiful baby girl on my chest. It was absolutely amazing and i would not have changed anything about the birth experience of our little kinsley. I ended up with 3 stitches and she ended up with some bruising to her upper lip and eye because she was posterior and came down birth canal so fast. She was born at 4:15 pm and was 7lb 5oz and 18 1/2 inches long.

The only true scare i had is when the doc asked the nurse for the scissors as kinsley's head was emerging and i guess my eyeballs about popped out of my head because my dh leaned over and said "they are cutting the wires from the internal monitor". I really thought he was fixing to cut me with those scissors and i almost came off the bed.

Last edited by soonermom; December 7th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
December 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is an amazing VBAC story. Congrats
December 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on you VBAC! I am so happy for you! It sounds like a great experience overall.

Katie

December 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM
kitkat's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!

December 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Congrats on the arrival of ur LO and having a VBAC!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

December 9th, 2010, 06:41 AM
4seasons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for your VBAC, good work!! Thanks for sharing your story, how exciting!

December 20th, 2010, 06:06 AM
simplycorey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your vbac!

Mom to: Kimberly (15), Caleb (14), Micayla (12),
Zechariah (11) and Frankie - born 1/3/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search