Delaney Debuts!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
BabyBee2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had scheduled an induction for Dec 6th because I felt so out of control during the birth of my DS I wanted things to go more my way this time. And honestly I didn't think we'd even make it to the scheduled date... but we did, and I have to say I am SO glad!

On the 5th I went to the hospital to have a Foley balloon inserted into my cervix. This is a natural method to prep your cervix rather than using Cervadil. This was extremely painful but my cervix was funny shaped so I bet for a normal gal it wouldn't have been too bad. Went home and contracted almost every 2-3 minutes for well over 4 hours. We were on our way to the hospital as I thought I was in labor for sure but decided to go to dinner first just to kill some more time. I called L&D during dessert and she said that I could definitely come in but I'm still probably not that far dilated so they would immediately put me on pitocin and that I may be more comfortable at home since we live so close but it was up to me. We decided to go home where I can sleep in my own bed for however long, plus if I wasn't dilated to at least a four they would have just sent me home anyway.

We got home and the contractions slowed way down and I was able to get about 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Our induction was scheduled for 5am so I got up early and just tried to eat as much as I could and finish cleaning up the house. Arrived at hospital on time, got set up and started the pitocin drip around 6:15am. Nurse checked and said I was at about a 3, so I was really glad we went home the night before! At 7:15 I decided I wanted to start walking since the contractions were picking up and getting steady. I didn't even get to the end of the hall when I hear someone say my name, I turned around and there was my doc, she said "come on, lets break your water!" I think I ran, but not sure

Broke my water about 15 minutes later, she said I was now at a 5 and would recommend getting an epi sooner rather than later. I decided to wait and see how painful these new contractions would be. They had started my pitocin at 2 and bumped it up to 4. The contractions came fast and strong so they turned it off within 15 minutes. About 5 minutes later I asked for my epidural. I think it was around 8:30 when the epidural got put in and pain relief came fully within 15 minutes of that. During all this time we are talking off and on to our parents about when to come and had said to wait til about noon, but I felt like now was the time and they better get there sooner rather than later if they didn't want to miss the gender announcement!

The contractions started to slow after the epi was working so they turned the pit drip back on to a 2 and got them regulated again. The parents all showed up just before noon, they were in teh room for about 25 to 30 minutes and the nurse was like, I can see on the monitor that the baby is dropping with each contraction, please tell me if you feel the need to push. Well my epi was so strong I could barely feel my left leg let alone a need to push. There was definitely a "sensation" that I could recognize when she said I had a contraction. I had the anesthesiologist turn down my epi a little bit because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to tell when I was having a contraction adn when to push and I'm glad I did. The nurse said she didn't want to wait past 10:45 to check me and I was starting to feel those "sensations" stronger so we kicked all the parents out right at 10:45. She checked and I was ready to go! Called the doc really quick to keep her on alert, set up the room and a few minutes before 11 I started pushing! After 3 contractions adn 9 pushes the doc showed up on her own to check in and the nurse was like "good timing"!!! 3 more contractions and 10 pushes later, the baby was born!!!

Since we didn't know the gender the doc was supposed to show my DH and he was going to announce it to me. Well it all happened so fast that they just put the baby on my chest saying "he's here!" and "he's perfect" but no one actually ever checked or made the "it's a boy" announcement so as they were putting "him" on my chest I grabbed the umbilical cord and moved it and low and behold, I get to say "it's a girl"! Everyone starting laughing cause we all just assumed it was a boy, I'm not quite sure why So I got to make my own announcement which I think was pretty cool

So the moral of the story is: an elective induction can go really well, and I'm glad I got to experience it!

Delaney Nicole 12/6/10
Proud parents Desirae and Chris

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search