Baby Victoria's Birth Story :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 07:04 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
She was definitely a surprised arrival! LOL...
Friday the 10th hubby went to work early am, I was home all day... I didn't sleep much the night b4 since I'm always up every 2 hrs to pee! At night when he got home we relaxed after dinner to watch 2 movies. We headed to bed just after midnight...
I went to lie down on the bed, got my books to read to baby Victoria and then I felt like a kick, then POP and a warm small gush of fluid! I knew my water must have broken! So I called Jonathan quickly upstairs to tell him what happened and to get me a towel! When I stood up with the towel around my crotch I started leaking a large amount of fluid ! Now I'm sure my water broke!
Good thing the bags were all packed in the car with the car seat already, I just got the things quickly from my checklist of last minute stuff, like cell phone chargers, baby book, a little music glow worm toy and my bag of makeup LOL!
We left quickly and headed to the hospital... At this point I felt mild heaviness in my pelvis from the baby dropping but still no contractions! Took 30 min to get to hospital. By the time we reached downtown I started getting contractions 5 min apart that were bearable!
In L&D triage she checked to see my water did break, got a cervical check by the resident I was 1cm 70% effaced and +1! contraction were getting worse quickly! The cervical check was very painful and contractions were in the back + front!!! This was done just after 1am
contractions worsened I couldn't speak t all through them, they didn't recheck me but I got my epidural at 3:30!!!
At 7am they checked me at 6-7cm still not completely effaced! Contractions showing every 2-3min. At 11:00 got checked again, now at 9.5cm!!
At 13:00 I got checked at 10cm 100% effaced baby is +2!! MD made me give 2 quick pushes to see.... And said okay we'll start pushing in 15 min!
I started pushing at 13:35, she was born at 15:06!! Yes that was long but it actually felt like it was going quickly! The first 2 methods. For pushing I find did much less than the last method I used!!!! I should have done that the whole time ! Also after awhile of pushing my contractions started acting up instead of every 2-3min it was every 2-5min!!! So they started me on pitocin!
In the end no forceps, no vacuum, no tearing or episiotomy! so I'm super happy with that!!! Recovery from labor went great did not have any pain was just tired since we haven't slept in foreversince we've been up since Friday am and well didn't start any sleep till just before midnight of Saturday going into Sunday since family visiting at the hospital!

Annika & Jonathan Lee are proud parents of little baby Victoria Sera Lee born December 11th at 15:06, weighing 5 lbs 8.8oz (2515g) 18 3/4 inches long and absolutely beautiful!! We are so in love with her!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

December 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM
*Kaelee's Mamii*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a great birth story congrats shes beautiful.. how many weeks u was ?

December 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Thank you I was 37w6d

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search