Ava's early and unexpected birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
january.mommycarter's Avatar Veteran
Well...Where do I start?
I was put on bed rest and was being monitored twice a week at 32 weeks because of high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia. The doctor found protein in my urine so I had to do two 24 hour urine collections. The second one I did had too high levels of protein so the doctor called and wanted me to go to labor and delivery and get monitored. So I went in, this was December 10th, at 3:00pm. I figured I would just be monitored a few hours and be sent home. A few hours had passed, Ava's heart rate never went down but my blood pressure was really high. The nurse came in and said they will be keeping me over night and be inducing me in the morning!! I was in shock!! I wasn't ready to have this baby, yes my bags were packed and I had everything I needed for her but mentally was not ready. The nurse took me to a room and got me hooked up to an IV and monitors for blood pressure and baby's heart rate. At 7:00 the next morning the started pitocin, and the contractions started. At about 10am the doctor broke my water and I fianally got my epidural! The contractions eased up for a while but then I started feeling them again, so they increased the drip. I dialated very slowly, I was fianally a 10 by about 7:30 and started pushing. I pushed for an hour and finally started to see the baby's head, but everytime I stopped pushing it went back up. I was getting so tired the doctor wanted me to rest so I rested about an hour, I woke up and pushed for about 30 minutes then rested for 30 minutes. The doctor said with the epidural I wasn't able to push the way I needed to so he wanted me to get the epidural turned off! I was so nervous and really didn't want to do this. But he told me if I kept the epidural I would still be pushing for hours before I had her, but if I turned it off I would have her within the next hour. So we decided to get it turned off, I pushed for another 45 minutes and here she comes at 11:45pm Saturday, December 11th, only 15 minutes before her Daddy's birthday! I was so exhausted!!! Daddy cut the cord and she was turned over to the nurses to be cleaned. Once she was clean I finally got to hold her! It was amazing, LOVE at first sight!!! They ended up having to take her to the nursery because her breathing was a little too fast and heavy, after a few hours it regulated but then when her temp went down so they kept her over night. They FINALLY brought her back to me at 1:15pm the NEXT DAY!!!! When I finally got her I didn't want to let her go! The doctor came in the next morning and told us Ava was developing jaundice. They put her under the Billi light, we finallygot to come home Wednesday the 15th. Ava weighted 6lbs 3oz at birth and was 5lbs 12 oz when we left. She is the love of my life (the 2nd one, besides my hubby) She has already changed my life so much, I don't know what I would do without her!
December 19th, 2010, 10:05 AM
*Kaelee's Mamii*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a great story i know it was scary but your have beautiful baby girl.. love her nose with little chucky cheek =)

congrats

December 21st, 2010, 03:14 PM
january.mommycarter's Avatar Veteran
Thank you!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search