Audrey Anne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 05:00 PM
brittneyrose825's Avatar Veteran
Hi thought i would post my babys story!!

Audrey was my first child so i wasnt really sure what to expect! but it sure wasnt what i thought it was going to be like! ! I was due DEc 22nd and had her at 37 weeks

On thursday DEc 2nd i had taken the twin i nanny for out for a long walk up some small and some what large hills. Later on that day i had a somewhat large gush of fluid that was enough to went my underpants but not enough to wet my pants or anything. I knew it wasnt discharge so i called my obgyn. He told me sincei live so far from the hospital to put a pad in and see if it got really soaked over the next few hrs but he didnt think my water had broken. Well it didnt so i went along my buisness. On friday i had woken up soaked down below and had claled my obgyn and he still thought it was nothing. Well Friday night i had more of the fluid leak out when i went to the bathroom so i called the on call doctor. She said i should go get checked. I went to boston and when i got there they took samples and what not and decided my water DID NOT break and sent me home. I felt so discouraged. I thought for sure that was going to be it and they would induce me!! So saturday i woke up with the same wetness and just ignored it figured it was nothing since i got checked on fri night. Sunday the 5th i felt like complete crap . I was having mild contractions and still leaking like the previous days. Iw oke up monday the 6th and went to work as usual. I noticed pink in my underwear and felt a little uneasy about it .It got redder as time went by. Finally i called the doctor and they had me go to the hospital yet again!!!

I got in there and after waiting 2 hrs in the waiting room they brought me in. They checked me again and this time put the fluid under the microscope to check for crystals. SO finally they relized my water had indeed broken the THURSDAY i orignally called and that they would start me on pitocin. Well after sitting in the triage room for 6 hrs they finally moved me into a labor rooma nd got the ball rolling. I was induced at 630 monday (12/6). I did get an epidural and at about 2 am they gave me extra boost of it because it wasnt working well anymore. BEcause they gave me to much i got a spinal headache that was just so unbareable it was awful!!

What i failed to mention is that i have a somewhat rare body. I have a double uteris and double cervix. Audrey was in what they thought was my left uteris . At 330 they checked to see how much i was dialted and relized that i had a band that was seperating my cerfix and stopping audrey from making the final decent. They said one side was 4 cm dialated and the other was 4 cms. They decided to cut the band that was seperating it and to stitch the ends so i wouldnt have anyserious bleeding.

After less than a hour of pushing i gave birth to Audrey Anne . She was bron at 4:26 am 12/7/10 . weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long.

I did get a infection from my water breaking early and them not catching it. I was less than thrilled about the hopsital but my doctor was amazing!!!

what a expirence!!!!

Last edited by brittneyrose825; January 5th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search