Since I'll be in this group more, introducing Stella Rose!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Stellas Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So since I'll be posting in this group more I decided to post my birth story. I was originally in the Jan 11 group because thats what her due date originally was (1-1-11), anyways I'm going to just copy and paste my birth story from their group to this one, hope thats ok!

Anyways here it goes!

I went to sleep on Dec 23rd with DH and had a cup of red raspberry tea, hoping it would start moving things along, nothing else has worked so far so I figured why not. A few hours into my sleep I woke up I remember looking at the clock and it saying 11:23pm. The cramps were pretty intense so I got up, started cleaning the house trying to take my mind off of it. I finally went to lay in bed with my DH and still having cramps he rolled over and tried to snuggle with me and I told him I hurt really badly and he asked if it was time to go to the hospital? I reassured him that I had been in labor for weeks and this was a little more intense but nothing to the point where I knew it was time to go in. After tossing and turning I got up at 1:50am and took a bath and tried to get some relief. Nothing was working. Dh got up for work at 4:00am and I told him I dont think I can drive to labor and delivery and just in case to drop me off at my sister in laws house. We got about half way there and I started to cry because of the pain, but the contractions were about 12 min apart and I figured I shouldnt go in until 5 min apart, 1 min long, for 2 hours like they keep telling me.

Once we got to my sister in laws house we started timing them on her phone (yes theres an app for that lol) and my contractions were not consistent at all and with a heating pad on my back, 2 pillows between my legs, and the lights turned off we called my OB's office and got the emergency OB on call. (which so happened to be my OB at the time since my original OB went on vacation.) She is a hard as stone kind of OB that will tell you straight out how its going to be. She told me that if you really feel like your in labor then your welcome to come in, and if its the real deal then you can stay, but if not you can leave. I was so peeved I hung up on her. it was 9am and I was still having bad contractions. My sister in law told me we were going to leave no matter how much I protested (I didnt want to go because I had gone 2ce before and they just sent me home) We finally got into L&D and my DH's boss sent him home to be with me. We waited for about a hour in the observation room, hooked up to a monitor. The baby was doing well HB was in the 140's like normal.

The nurse finally came back in and said that she was going to check me now, her name was Nema. She was checking me and asked me how much dilated I was yesterday (I had seen the replacement OB the day before) and I told her almost 4. And Nema told me well do you think youve progressed? and I told her that I didnt know and that I've been here before and they send me home. And Nema told me well were going to keep you, your 8 cm dilated. She then proceeded to ask me if I wanted pain meds and I told her yes and they rushed me to go get my epi.

The guy who did the epi's was with someone else at that time and so they gave me fetinal. OMG....I LOVE FETINAL NOW! lol. I finally was time to get my epi and he told me to curl my self around my tummy, well I was having a really bad contraction right as he was putting the needle in and I coudlnt move and I cried again (seriously yall must think I'm a blubbering baby or something but I really never cry) My sister in law was holding me and trying to help confert me while he was doing it and Nema even came over to help and she was rubbing my arms trying to help. Nema was an amazing nurse!!!

After I got my epi my blood pressure dropped amazingly low and it was below 90 and for those who know me personally on facebook, I have issues where if I get to be too stressed out my blood pressure will drop so low I'll pass out. So the nurse gave me a pop sickle. I was having a allergic reaction to the epi and I was super itchy and my eye swelled up lol.

They broke my water which was really weird because the sack was really strong and it wasnt popping lol. They finally got it after about 10 min after waiting for a hour I was tired so I took a nap and when I woke up and I told Nema that I could feel the contractions and that I felt alot of pressure so she said that she would check me, she said exactly "omg dont move, dont push I'll be right back!!!" and she ran out of the room. My substitute OB was on her way already and Nema told me I might want to call my husband (who was out of the room to get some air because was nervous and needed to chew lol) because the baby is already crowning and she can feel lots of hair!

I called DH and told him to run and you can hear him running threw the hall ways on the cell phone lol. My OB got there right after william did and my OB said that it was time to push.

DH held my foot and my sister in law held my other foot. She said to push as hard as I could and wait for DH to count to 10. The first push was alright, DH decided it would help more if he held my foot and helped me hold my body and head up while I pushed (hes so awesome it helped so much)

After 6 pushes (only 9 min to do) and a delayed cord cutting our little Stella Rose was born. 7 lbs 3 oz, 19.3 inches long. she was born at 4:39 pm. She was so beautiful, Stella wasnt crying at all. She was the most perfect little angel. DH put his finger up to her hand and she looked at him with both eyes wide open and grasped his finger. DH broke down crying.

It was such an amazing experience and it was so short we really are blessed.

I would do it all again in a heart beat. Stella is the best thing to happen to my DH and I. I cant imagine life without her now. Shes absolutely perfect. Never crys unless shes hungry or is being changed.

She truly is the perfect daughter for us.

April 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Welcome to our Dec '10 PR =D and congrats on the beautiful baby girl!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

April 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, she is beautiful... grats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search