Chloe Noel

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Super Mommy
Chloe Noel December 31st 2:44am 8lb 6oz 20in. PERFECT!

I went in for my appointment on 27th I took my NST and they swept my membranes. They said I was 3cm dilated and to take a walk and I would be in labor that night...So I left the doctors in high spirits and after walking for an hour and a half and taking castor oil and bouncing on my birth ball nothing happened. I was pretty bummed and then two days passed and still nothing happened. So I went in on the 30th for another NST and they checked me and I was 4cm dilated and my blood pressure was up. So after talking to the doctor he decided to send me to L&D to be induced. After taking the bradley classes and having two sisters who have home births, an induced labor wasn't what I had planned but at the time I was too excited to care HOW she came, I was 10 days late.
DH and I went home gathered our stuff had my mom and sister come with us and we headed to the hospital. Checked in and finally started the pitocin at 3:30pm. It was going pretty well for a while and when things got a little more rough I tried standing and holding on to DH's arms while breathing through the contractions. It worked for a while but then they started picking up. I was at 6grams (or mg, I'm not sure) and the contractions were soooooo bad. I had never experienced ANY kind of pain that came close to that. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it at all. I had told the nurse in the beginning I didn't want to get an epidural so they didn't offer me one. Eventually I broke and was BEGGING for the epidural. The anesthesiologist was working with another patient so I had to wait. It seemed like hours before they she came to my room. They checked me again and I was 7cm. The worst part of the whole labor was when they told me my DH had to leave while they put the epidural in. I think I cried louder then than any other time. They dropped the pitocin down and started the process. I was expecting it to hurt but it didn't at all. An hour later and feeling SO much better my family came back in. I felt a little pressure with each contraction but not even enough for me to wince. I knew it was getting close because I could feel the urge to push pretty bad. They were worried about the babies heart rate so they broke my water and started the internal monitor. I was 9cm and was getting impatient. I saw one of the nurses come in and got the babys bed ready for Chloe. Then everything seemed to go so quickly. They checked me and I was 10cm and I told them I needed to push. I did a few practice ones and they sent for the doctor because she was coming fast. Once the doctor came in and told me to push at the next contraction I did and only had to push through two and out she came! They put her on my chest right away.
The whole pregnancy I waited for this moment. The big rush of emotions and tears the minute I saw her. It didn't happen. I tried to cry because I knew that's what I was supposed to do but the tears didn't come. I was excited to see her and she was beautiful but for some reason that flood didn't come. I held her to my chest and she nursed right away. While I was holding her they stitched me up and I didn't feel anything After a half hour they took her to get her bath and weighed. Wolfe, my DH, then held her and then my mom and sister. After my mom and sister went home we were moved into the post partem room. It wasn't until around 5:00am that that rush came and it came STRONG. Wolfe was asleep in the chair by my bed and Chloe was in my arms. I just looked at her and fell so deeply in love. The tears came and came and came. I thought about waking Wolfe up and sharing this with him but I didn't. I just held Chloe tight and we had our special moment. I knew she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and that God had blessed me abundantly. I've felt the same ever since.
I know it's WAY over due but I wanted to share it even if it's late. Thanks for reading

May 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Veteran
This reply is late too, but I loved reading your story. Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search