Darcy Rosalie's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 07:01 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I realized I never wrote her birth story so here it goes. I also don't really remember the times very well.

The weekend of the 12th I was starting to get a lot more uncomfortable. Both Friday and Saturday night we hung out with his cousins and our neighbor and each night I considered going to L&D but didn't. The night of the 11th I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 1am to irregular contractions. I bounced on the excercise ball and basically paced deciding if I was going to go in for the 5th time since I started having premature labor at 32 weeks. DH woke up at 4:45 am and I told him I was going to go in so we left. Thankfully because of all the scares we had my bag, her bag, the wreath, and carseat in the car already.

We got there around 5:30 and I was checked and only at a 4. I was disappointed since I was between 3-4cm at my last appointment a few days ago. They checked me at about 7:30 and the resident said I was at 5 then. Because he was a different person it didn't really mean anything and they were talking about sending me home. I got kind of upset because dh was angry I even made us come up here when he was missing work. I told him to just take my car to work and i'll get a ride from my mom. A little bit before he was about to leave they brought in a wheelchair and said I was going to be admitted. Yay!

So I came to room 5005.

They got my IV started and then my doctor came in. He came in and asked if I wanted my water to be broken and I said sure! That was such a weird experience! He also ordered my epidural which came about 45 minutes later. DH had gone to my Mom's to let her know what was going on since she wasn't answering the phone. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

Eventually his cousins came to the room (his wife was the one in there with me and taking the pictures) and my neighbor came too. I guess the contractions were really picking up because I never felt them at all.

I was really relaxed through the whole thing and laughing a lot. Also for the first time ever I loved eating ice.

I know the next time I was checked I was at 6cm, the second time I was still at 6 so they gave me some pitocin to help it go along. After 2pm I was finally at 8cm and 90% effaced. By then I started feeling pressure on my left side which started getting too uncomfortable so I kicked my Mom out of the room and just left it with dh, Crystal, and I.

By 3 I started pushing and I guess I wasn't really getting it. But by 4pm I was. Darcy Rosalie was born at 4:32pm.

Daddy cutting the cord

20 1/2 inches long and 8.72lbs. Definitely not the 6-7lb baby they told me I was having!

June 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Veteran
Very nice! Seems you had a nice laid-back birth experience.

I never posted mine either, and just figured it was too late, but you're giving me some courage!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search