Kaileigh Jayde's C/S Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM
KaiX2Momma
On July 6th, the day before my c/s my dh took me to the movies to get my mind off the c/s. I began contracting and was timing them at the movies, and they were 8 minutes apart. By the time we got home, I was exhausted, and went to bed. Couldn’t sleep at all, and was contracting through out the night, but nothing to intense. I spelt a total of 2 and a half hours, and was up at showering at 4am. We didn’t even have to be there until 6 but I just couldn’t sleep. Got to the hospital and everything went smoothly. I was given 2 bags of fluids via IV, and asked hundreds of questions, and paper work to fill out. I was told how everything would go and so on. The anesthegolist came in at 7:30 to talk to me about prep, and what to expect, and he said he would use the smallest needle to try and avoid the spinal migraine that I got last time that made my recovery so horrible. He was the nicest guy! So, my mom had brought DD up at 7:40 so I could tell her bye, and get kisses from her. I was fine…..UNTIL…..I walked into the cold, bright, Operating room, and I began shaking and crying. The nurse hugged me, and told me it would be ok. I just wanted my DD. I hated leaving her. So I got my spinal which was the hardest part I think, but it wasn’t painful. Then they places the Foley cath, and laid me on the table. I was so scared at that point, and all I could think was “The pregnancy went so fast, there is no way she is ready to be born yet” Well, DH came in and got to hold my hand, and Dr began operating. Kaileigh was so far down in the canal that it took 1 DR, 2 nurses and the ornithologist to push on her, AND had to use vacuum extractor to get her out. She was totally ready for a vaginal birth. I began crying just hearing her cry. She was coated in the vernix stuff, and it was hard to get it off at first, but she weighed 7 lbs 7 oz born at 8:33 am on 7-7-2010.
She is beautiful! I began vomiting in the OR, and done so for about 20 minutes, then I continued in recovery. I was given meds to the vomiting, and then the itching began. So I was also given meds for that. It’s awful, and usually just severe itching on the face. I scratched so much that I actually left marks on my face. I did not develop a spinal migraine this time. Thank the lord! I had a great first day or recovery. Kaileigh is a very good baby. She is eating and sleeping very well, not to mention pooping like crazy. She only cries when she is tired or hungry. We are all in love with her. Big sister Kaitlyn isn’t so sure about her yet but she wants to hold her and carry her but doesn’t understand why we wont let her carry her around. She tells me she wants me to go home, and she doesn’t like me and sissy in the hospital and that breaks my heart. I’m ready to be at home with both my girls. Here is a link to my Facebook picture of her. Some are graphic from the c/s but nothing to bad.
waterlilly's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!! She is beautiful
Super Mama!
So cute!!!! OMG!! She is the exact copy of your DH.
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh she is lovely!!! Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search