The hard labor of David James Franklin Mittner

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Ang1885's Avatar Veteran
I went into labor with contractions 5 minutes apart Thursday evening, July 22. My husband, mother in law, and best friend followed us to the hospital and were there in the triage which was kind of awkward when I started having hard contractions. I was 3cm dilated for 2 weeks and when I got to the hospital was 3 1/2cm dilated! I was so mad!! I thought I would be at 5. We were told to go for a walk (of course) and I had such a hard time with contractions and the fact my grandma was dropped off at the wrong hospital and everyone was trying to find her. I did my lamaze breathing and focusing and that really helped. When I got back from walking I was almost 5cm! I was sent to a room and asked for the epidural. My mom was there when it was done since my husband couldn't handle it, LOL. During the epidural I felt a shock go through my left leg. Apparently, one of the threads went into my spine so I now had a "spinal". I don't remember much since I was tired but waiting and waiting and my contractions were not moving along or moving the baby. So we started Pitocin. The contractions got stronger and I was getting closer to pushing but baby was NOT moving. This is when the pain started. Turns out my baby was transverse. I had to lay on my side and switch sides back and forth to try to turn him but it didn't help. We tried ice behind my back and that didn't help. He would not turn or move down. What he could do though was push his head against my tailbone! It was like someone was grabbing my tailbone over and over. They gave me Demerol twice for the pain. I was fully dilated and ready to push Friday morning and could feel the pressure people talk about but could also feel horrible pain in my thighs. My husband and friend rubbed my thighs after each push to where I have bruises on them now. I think I pushed for 2 hours and he was still up high so they broke my water. Some more pushing and nothing. My Ob said I also had a hooked pelvic bone and she gave me a look like this was NOT going to work. She said I had an hour and a half before it was C-section time. I said give me the C-section. I knew how high he was and how much pain I was in even with the epidural. I was soooooo upset with my decision though I started crying and screaming because I felt like I had failed. This freaked everyone out because I never let people see me cry. Right away things got ready for the C-section and I was given meds for the tailbone pain. The C-section happened without any problems except me puking towards the end, again something my husband couldn't handle. My son was born at 9:39am July 23, 2010 7.3lbs and 19in. long. We spent 4 days in the hospital and finally went home to start our lives together...hopefully pain-free!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search