♥ Charlotte Alizabeth ♥

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Veteran
Finally found some time to post my birth story!

Charlotte Alizabeth
7/15/10 @ 1:25am
7lb 7oz
19.5 in

My due date was 7/11. On 7/12, I went to my doc for a NST... baby looked good & showed no signs of wanting to come out! On 7/14 at 1am I woke up with some pretty strong contractions that lasted for about 2 hours, coming about 7 min apart. Then, they just stopped. All day long I had sporadic contractions but they were not intense at all. My 3 yr old had a check up at the doc that day, so when I was there with her I told my doc about the contractions & he decided to do a cervical check to see if I had made any progress from my NST appt. I was about 3 cm & 75% effaced so he said things were starting to progress. This was at about 5pm. We went home, and by 7pm my contractions were steadily 5 minutes apart & starting to intensify! I wanted to labor at home as long as possible. I took a warm shower, rocked in my rocking chair, sat on my birthing ball, finished packing my hospital bag... by 11pm my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart & extremely intense so I told DH it was time to go. My MIL came to stay with our 3 yr old DD & my 10 yr old DD, DH & I headed to the hospital (5 min away). My mom met us there. We arrived around 11:30 & got checked in. The nurse checked my cervix & I was still only 3-4 cm dilated - what?!?! I thought for sure I would have been at least 5-6. She noted my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart & they were really strong. I declined the routine IV prep so I could walk around, & labored for a little on the birthing ball. I was feeling a lot of pressure. My doc arrived around 12:30 & by then I was 5-6 cm. He offered to break my water & I agreed, by this point my contractions were 2-3 min apart & I knew if he broke my water I would have this baby pretty quickly. He broke my water around 1am & BAM! My contractions were less than a minute apart, lasting for a minute and so strong I could barely breathe! I was seriously considering an epidural, but when my doc checked me at 1:15 & said I was 8-9cm. The baby's heartrate was starting to go down with the contractions so he looked at me & said we need to get this baby out now so he set up for me to start pushing. I was like, WHAT? I'm not dilated to 10 yet! But he said he would help stretch me out (that sounded fun) but all I wanted was my baby to be okay so I agreed... and they gave me oxygen & set me up to push. I was so worried about my baby so I gave it all I had... and 3 minutes later Charlotte Alizabeth was born! The cord was around her neck so that's why her heartrate was going down. She was immediately placed on my chest & started crying... She was beautiful & perfect & absolutely fine. I was crying so hard, & shaking, both from the exhaustion & adrenaline! DH cut the cord after it stopped pulsing, and then the doc stole her for a few minutes to check her breathing which was fine. She got apgars of 8 & 10. She weighed 7lb 7oz (the biggest of my 3 kids!) had a full head of hair (thank you heartburn!) and looks just like her sisters. My DH, 10 yr old DD & mom were present for the birth. It was an amazing & emotional experience and I was once again reminded of the miracle of it all... this tiny being was inside me, the my DH & I created out of love, and I nurtured this being and birthed her and the love I felt for her while she was inside me just burst out of control the moment she was born!

I was so happy I got my natural birth and that it went so quickly. And now, our family is complete ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search