Sarah's Fitness and Weightloss Journal!

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Today was my official 6 week postpartum visit, so I feel like it's appropriate to really "start" my weightloss again.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 209. At last weigh-in at 38 weeks, I was 243. I'm down to 223 now.

I'm only 5'4", so I really need to lose some weight to be at a healthy weight and BMI. While in college, I weighed 118 lbs. I DO NOT plan or hope to be that small again, but I would LOVE to hit below 200, and then move on down...my BIG goal is to hit 165. Obviously though, I'll start with one goal, and that is to hit below 200!

Breastfeeding is my friend, and I'm trying to use that to my advantage. I want to eat healthy for my baby, and for myself. I want to be able to run around and play with my daughter by the time she's running around.

I have been walking in the evenings with her for 2 weeks now. It feels SO good! My hope is after I switch jobs and go down to part time, that I can join the YMCA...they have free child care while you're working out. Also, they have mommy and me swim classes starting at 6 months old. So, if I can drop at least a size or two by the time she's 6 months old, I would be VERY happy!!!

I know this will be hard, as it has been a BIG struggle for me in the past...but so far, it's going well, and I think that's because I have the ultimate motivation now--my daughter! Now...if I could just get DH back on the bandwagon again!!!

August 1st, 2008, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So proud of myself!! Between Thursday of last week and Monday of this week, I lost 6 pounds! I ate very healthy over the weekend and walked with DH. It's really very sad that I've always known that if I actually try and eat healthy/exercise, the weight just melts off. It's sad that I don't stick with it!

We went out and had a splurge meal...but it could've been worse. I had shrimp fajitas. Then we got a banana split. Oh well--was it worth it? Probably not! But that's ok, I'll remember that next time I want something "bad"!!

August 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whew, I really fell off the wagon!

Buuut, I got my Wii Fit the other day and I've been sneaking in workouts while P is asleep. I started watching what I eat again. It will be hard beacuse we're going to the beach next week for a whole week, and my aunt prefers to eat out the whole time. I plan on taking LOTS of walks on the beach with P in her jogging stroller or wrap.

October 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I didn't realize it had been this long since I wrote in this journal. Shame!

I started weight watchers the week before I got my braces put on. I still can't "chew" anything, moreso mash with my teeth. It makes me eat much slower, and I can't eat "hard" things. I did really bad the other weekend when I found that I could actually eat stuff other than soup.

I'm back on the wagon. I'm not going to fall off this time!

I had a Southwestern Egg Beaters Burrito for breakfast, it was really yummy! I added some fresh chives to it, and put it in a whole wheat tortilla. I also had some coffee.

Parker and I are going to a Halloween party today. I'm going to eat right before we leave, so hopefully that will tide me over until we get home. Wait, let me rephrase that--it WILL tide me over. I won't snack on junk...if they have veggies, I will snack on those.

We have been drinking water from water bottles that we buy at the store. It's amazing the amount of money we're blowing doing that. I dug out the old Brita pitcher last night (ew, it was dirty!) and washed it twice. Unfortunately, I need to buy a new filter because the water turned yellow I'll get that today when we're out. I'm also going to treat myself to a new big plastic water bottle to put my water in, so I can watch my intake. I've been really bad about the amount of water I've been drinking.

I was also doing really good with the Wii Fit. Parker and I were doing 30-45 minute walks in the morning, and then I would do 30 minutes of free step on the Wii Fit at night after she was in bed. I just stopped doing it. It got icky outside, so that was my excuse there. And then I just get so tired in the evenings....but that's shouldn't be an excuse either!

I'm going to see if in the next couple of weeks I can get one of those stroller covers for Parker. It's a waterproof shield, so that she's inside away from the rain and cold, but can still see out. That way I don't have an excuse.

December 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Again, too long!

We joined the Y finally, and I took my first Zumba class yesterday! It was really hard, but it was a lot of fun. Everyone was super friendly, and I found if I just let go and dance...it didn't really feel like exercise.

I'm going to do it Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and hope to do Yoga Tuesdays and Thursdays. I find that I get a lot more exercise in if I go to a class, versus just doing it myself.

I'm holding steady at 215.

December 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The child care lady was late today, so I only got to do half of the Cardio Power class, but even the 30 minutes was WAY worth it!!! I was still sweating when I got home!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search