Cassandra's Progress

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
I have been checking out the board for a few days and the results that I have seen from you ladies has really been helpful to get my butt moving.

A little about me: I am a 28 y/o SAHM with 3 kids (i'm a nanny to one of them) and I am a college student studying to be a teacher. I have been with my DH for 13 years and out of those, 12 years I have been over weight. I started gaining once I quit smoking (12 yrs) and it has only progressed after having my girls (now 4 and 6 years). I quit biting my nails after 26 years because i didn't want my girls to learn the bad habit from me and now I am determined to take the next big step and loose weight by changing our eating habits, in hopes they gain good eating habits.

I was last weighed at 219.5 on nov 3rd. I was shocked! I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant with Kylea my oldest at full term.
On monday nov. the 17th I researched calorie counting and found the calorie intake number that I should be eating. Around 1610.

On tuesday I ate "normal" for me and counted up the calories- I didn't think what I was eating was 'bad' and found that I was taking in about 2240+ calories a day. WOOO!!!

On wednesday the 19- I counted calories and really did well with under 1000 calories. It seems low- i know but I had a half of bagel with butter, coffee, chicken noodle soup for lunch, an apple with 2tbs carmel, steak, potatoes, and applesauce with water all day.

Today Nov. 20- I've only had about 800 calories so far. Chicken, broccoli on pasta, coffee, hot dog, potatoes, and three cookies, lemonade, 2 mouths full of mt. dew, and water throughout. I added walking around the park while the kids played for 8 minutes,& lightly jogged once around.

I took a picture tonight but I am not comfortable posting it just yet.. I understand that no-one is comfortable with posting it but I plan on hanging it on my mirror to remind myself every morning for now.

My goals for tomorrow are:
I want to increase walking to 10-12 minutes, pick up the pace, and 2x a day. Bring my calorie intake up to at least 1600- I feel I am cranky and I'm pretty sure its due to the low calorie intake.. Also get more water in.

Wish me luck!

November 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Nov. 21
Breakfast: I ate a blueberry muffin with butter and 1/2 a coffee (150 cal)
walked 2 miles with stopping to stretch.

Lunch: 2.5 cup salad with chicken salad and ranch dressing (290 cal)

Dinner: rotis. chicken, 2tbp mash potatoes with gravy (1 tbp) corn, green beans, and 1/2 a roll with butter. 4 oz milk. (probably way too many cal)

Small piece of cake (FIL birthday) (over board cal!!)

Goals for tomorrow: eat a bigger breakfast
Doing the fitness trail and eatting lighter cals for dinner NO CAKE!!

I want to go and weigh myself to see where I am so that when I get a scale to weigh every week- I can see the difference.
November 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Nov. 22

I feel I am off to a good start!! I walked a mile fitness trail and did every fitness activty except one. I did the recommended reps for each one and at least 5 times of the few I struggled with. I also cleaned a house from room to room in 3 hours (not a normal activity for me).

I weighed myself today at 2 different publix's (not sure how accurate they are) but the first one- before cleaning the house was 213 and the one on my way home was 216. I'm going to go with 216 only because that scale is closer to my house and I can compare it weekly.

Meals/ calories:
Breakfast- 2 cups of Yogurt burst cheerios with 1 6" banana and milk (530 cal)
Snack- apple (~72 cal)
Lunch- chicken sandwich on rye/pumpernickel with mayo (336 cal)
Snack- 18 pretzels (110 cal)
Dinner- Chicken, mash potatoes w/ gravy, steamed broccoli and dinner roll with butter (410 cal)
Total: 1458

I was also full at dinner time and didn't wat my entire plate. I portion everything out and count the calories. I am pretty pleased with that.
November 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Nov. 27

Happy Turkey Day to eveyone!

I feel I did really well today. I stopped eating after 1/4 of my plate eaten and 4 bites of apple pie with a very thin slice of pumpkin.
I didn't really count calories, just really portioned what I was eating and stopped when I was full.

I hope everyone else is doing well today.

I did weigh myself yesterday and I was 214. That's 5lbs from Nov. 3rd *the first weigh in that shocked me* and 2 lbs from last week.

Goals: losing 5 lbs for next weeks weigh in. Walking everyday 2ce a day. walking the fitness trail.
December 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Dec. 17

Haven't been checking in as much as I probably should be. I have been walking 2 miles with a little fitness moves along the way about 3-4 times a week. My calorie intake is under 1600 a day with water throughout.

I weighed myself on Dec. 14th and I weighed 210 (9.5 lb loss) YEAH!!!

I plan to continue to walk my 2 miles a day but try my hardest to get 5-7 days a week and add more fitness in. I told DH that I wanted to join a gym to get more use from weights and what not. But I'm not sure how that will work out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search