Amy's weightloss journal

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started out at 282. I joined a gym, tracked everything using Sparkpeople and got down to about 220 two years ago. Here I am post partum at 253. Most of it, I gained after the pregnancy due to hunger from breastfeeding.

My problems are emotional, boredom and social eating.

I realize that breastfeeding, it's going to be hard for me to diet. It wouldn't be good for me or Max. But I figure if I at least eat better foods and get enough excerise, I can maintain where I am now or firm up until Max has been weaned (1 year) and I can cut back on calories.

Right now, DH and I are down to one vehicle and he is driving my car to work. So I'm no longer able to go during the day (which stinks!). We worked out a schedule. He'll go Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'll go Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. On my "off" days I'll be doing videos at home.

Areas I need to focus on: No more eating out! No more middle of the night eating! If it's a hard night (up with Max), I can have a glass of milk to keep me until morning. No more stress/boredom/social eating!

See my progress photos here.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Oh and I should add that I won't be weighing in until Feb 17th. I've been getting discouraged watching the scale, so no more weighing in for a while. Hopefully next time I weigh in, I'll be out of the 250's.

January 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Tuesday Night I went to the gym. I was really proud of myself for working so hard. It had been two months since I had done any weight training and a month since I had done any cardio. I pushed myself through the Line (weight training) and then moved onto cardio. I can't go for a long time yet but I made every minute count. First I did 15 minutes on the bike and then 10 minutes on the treadmill. My average heartrate was 165 and my peak was 169.

I've always had the habit of just doing what's comfortable and not pushing myself to do more.

Yesterday I tried some excerise videos on my Roku. I finished a Yoga one and did 5 minutes of three others (I was too clumsy!). It all felt good but at the time I didn't think it was enough even though I had broke a sweat. Sure enough, this morning I'm nice and sore!

I've been doing pretty good with the eating. I ask myself if I'm really hungry before giving in. I'm trying to stick with 3 meals and 3 snacks, nothing else. Last night DH wanted an extra snack for bed and I firmly pushed him out of the kitchen and said no!

Last night our van broke down. So out of two vehicles we have 0 working right now. It's frustrating because we take good care of them and keep up with everything. We're borrowing a vehicle until the weekend and hopefully DH can fix it.

I do plan on hitting the gym tonight though! More weight training and cardio!!!

January 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Woohoo! I kicked butt tonight!

Here's what I did on weights:

Leg Extension - 122lbs 17 reps
Leg Curl - 120 lbs 15 reps
Row - 130 lbs 16 reps
Arm Cross - 50 lbs 18 reps
Bicep - 70 lbs 13 reps
Seated Dip - 184 lbs 14 reps

After that I was pretty tired. But I still did 10 minutes on the bike and 15 on the treadmill. Average Heart Rate 161, Max 169.

January 23rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
So I've been trying really hard to keep up with my exercise and watch what I eat but my fibromyalgia has been kicking my butt this past week. I think it might be related to the cold weather and some stress. I did my strength training yesterday (see above) and could barely get 8 reps. I felt like I was hitting muscle failure after 2 reps.

Today I'm going to do some light yoga or pilates to stay active. Tomorrow is my day at the gym again. It's just so hard to stay out of bed when it gets bad like this.

January 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
So I'm a dummy! Here I thought I could barely do my weights...they had accidently set me a good 60 pounds heavier!!! So really, 8 reps at 60 pounds more is pretty awesome.

I think I'm at a good mental place right now. I'm ok with my current plan of eating healthy and working out until I wean Max. Then once he's weaned, I can really up my game and start to shed this weight. Until then I'm just doing what I can with what I have and enjoying myself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search