Candie's Weightloss Log

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Figure if I start this and commit to post several times a week then I might actually start getting somewhere. When I figure out how to I will post starting photos - something I've NEVER done before. I think posting pics will also help keep me accountable and on track.

So a little about me:

My name is Candie (34), DH is Steven (40) and we have a DS (4). We have been TTC'ing #2 for over 3 years, 1 year actively using medical assistance. After our first round of injectibles failed in Sept. the Dr. told me I need to lose 40 lbs before proceeding with treatment. It's the first time in my life any of my Dr's have made a direct reference to my weight being a problem (even though I've always known it was an issue).

I've been overweight all my life. I currently weigh 270, down from my highest a year ago of 284. Our DS took 3.5 years to conceive as well and was conceived using Prednisone (for a lung illness).
I was 235 when I got pg but never lost the weight gain from the steroids. I never last more than a fews days/weeks tops when it comes to my weightloss plans. I've been to Weight Watchers but always get depressed and give up. I have a serious struggle with "all or nothing" thinking. Combine that with the fact I naturally struggle with depression and insomnia and it's a bad combination. During our last fertility cycle I was also diagnosed with PCOS and IR.

I struggle daily with the conflict that I'm 34, by biological clock is ticking, I can't get pg naturally, I need to lose weight to TTC again, I'm depressed about TTC'ing and my age and my weight so I eat. It's a vicious cycle.

So today is a new day and I'm trying to think about nothing except today. If I can get through the next hour I'll be o.k. I figure if I have to keep my focus that small then that's what I have to do to be successful this time. So I'm taking the meal planning strategies from a dietician I saw last year and combining the diabetic diet with recipes out of the Biggest Loser Cookbook and hoping for some small successes this time round. I know I'm at a place where it's "do or die" if I ever want to have another baby.

This is my journey . . .

26-JAN-09 Food Log

Breakfast - 1c. 1% Milk, 33g Slimfast powder
Lunch - 1 ww Tortilla, 3oz extra lean ground sirloin, 1 apple, 1 carrot
Dinner - 1c sweet potato soup, Spinach Salad (2c spinach, 2 eggs, 1/4c. lite mozza, 2 T. bacon bits, 3 mushrooms, 1 T. regular Italian dressing)
Snack - 4 graham crackers, 1/2c. lite cool whip

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

January 27th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Today's Food Log:

Breakfast - 1c. Oat Bran with cinammon and vanilla and Splenda
Lunch - 2c. sweet potato soup, Spinach Salad (2c. spinach, 3 mushrooms, 1/4c. lite mozza, 1T Bacon, 2 T. O+V dressing)

Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

January 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I decided I'd just post my food logs in the daily post instead.

Well I weighed today and I was 267.4 . . . down 2.6 lbs in 3 days. Yay! The next 4 days are going to prove quite challenging. Today is my 34th birthday and we're going to my mom's for dinner tonight, my dad's tomorrow night, my friend's on Sat and my inlaws on Sun. Navigating these meals and staying on track will be a bit challenging. I am focused though and taking it day-by-day. I have the added challenge that now they are ordering pizza at work for lunch today. I will stay strong - I KNOW I CAN.

My optimal goal today is that as of today I'm going to STOP dreading my birthday and focusing on everything I haven't accomplished and START enjoying my birthdays and being thankful for everything I have.

DAY BY DAY, HOUR BY HOUR, I WILL DO THIS!

February 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM

After the challenging birthday week I've had I'm down 2.8lb. Yay, me! I'm very happy about that because I had 4 very challenging food days in a row. I allowed myself to enjoy my birthday desserts and made up for the calories elsewhere. It feels good to be moving in the right direction. I'm on track again today with good meals planned all day. Trying to get my water in.

Feeling very stressed today about money though. I'm trying to find a secondary speech therapist for my son and I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for it ($100 a week). Also can't figure out how I'm going to come up with the $2500 for our next injectibles round plus the previous $2500 my inlaws lent me we spent and they don't know it (my plan denied $600 of my claim, we used $850 for emergency brake work on the car and I have no idea how we spent the other $1000). Argh.

In spite of all that stress I'm doing my best to take it one day at a time and trying not to get too worked up about what lies ahead.

My goals for this month are:
- Lose 10 lbs by March 2 (exactly 4 weeks)
- Work on consistently drinking 2L of water every day
- commit to 599 minutes of intentional exercise

HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY, I WILL DO THIS!

February 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
I did well all day yesterday and had a good dinner. I was really tired last night, feeling a down and moody and gave in to my sweet search. Thankfully I didn't go far over my daily calorie budget, but I felt gross afterwards because it was too heavy and I ate too much. I didn't let it send me in to an all out bindge thankfully and I'm on track this morning. I had 2 low fat egg and veggie burritos for breakfast and an apple for a snack. I'm a little slow on the water intake today though.

It's so hard not to focus on the whole TTC issue. I have no choice but to wait until I'm under 240 before we can do our next injectibles round. That seems so far away so I'm trying my best to focus 1 day at a time.

I best get back to work before I get in trouble. I'll try and post again later - hopefully I can post that I did some form of exercise.

February 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Well I re-joined TOPS last night so I have somewhere "official" to weigh in every week and be accountable. I can't afford the $16 weekly WW fee so $10 a month for TOPS is dueable. I miss the ladies there anyways as I haven't been in almost 2 years.

I had a "woe is me night" cuz I was feeling crappy and went to DQ with a friend. I went to the grocery store right after though and bought fruit, veggies and a SmartOnes for work today. I've been on track all day and feel pretty good. I'm not going to let these small challenges send me in to a week long binge as I've done in the past.

I'm getting another cold and physically feel kinda crappy. Really working at not letting that lead me to comfort food. I think tonight I'll take Eric swimming then I can drop him off at home and I can go grocery shopping in peace and quiet. I've got my recipes planned for the week. As long as I keep to my plan of doing some prep cooking on Sunday it'll be a good week.

As usual I've not been sleeping well so being tired doesn't help. I haven't taken any of my anti-depressants in 3 weeks because I ran out and couldn't fill the prescript. Surprisingly i've still felt pretty good but the last few days I've felt really off. I'm filling the prescription tonight so hopefully I can get back on track with that and my vitamins. I'm going to stick with the food plan I've been following the last week or so but I'm also going to figure out daily how many WW points I'm eating so I can kinda gauge where I'm at. I haven't done any exercise this week so if I can get in 30 min. this weekend I'll be really happy.

Time to get back to work.

February 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Thought I'd summarize my venting post from yesterday into my journal:

I know I haven't posted for a while but I've been struggling. I was told I needed to lose 30lbs before proceeding with our next round of injectibles. That was in Oct. and today I still have 30lbs to lose. I struggle daily with depression and can't seem to stay focused to lose the weight. I spend more time focused on "what ifs' than right now.

I just got a call at work from my best friend kIM to say she's preggers with #2. Her and I were pg at the same time with #1 and our sons are 5 weeks apart. She has no empathy for my struggle. She's been not preventing for 3 years too but that's it, she's been letting nature take it's course. I on the other hand, have been actively seeking medical assistance for over a year, yet she sees us both in the same boat. That bothers me because she doesn't have a clue as to the emotional roller coaster of tests and hormones and more tests and SA's and timed BD'ing. She's one of these friends who phones me at least once a week and we'll be on the phone for 2 hours as she recounts every second of every day of the past week. I dread having to listen to her talk about the pregnancy every week. I know that's selfish and I am happy for her, I just can't help feeling sorry for me.

I just have so many emotions welling up inside right now and I'm sitting at work with people all around me (I work in an open office with 13 guys and no women). I just want to cry or scream or something. I feel I'll soon be too old, the age gap in my children will be too large, I'll never lose the weight, I'm a failure cuz I can't do something so simple as lose weight in order to try again . . . I want to be able to take the passion I have for wanting another baby and be able to put it into making myself healthier in order to TTC but I feel like I'm up against a brick wall. It seems like no matter how much I want it, I can't seem to make myself do what I need to in order to get it.

I've been going to church regularly since the fall and was examining the whole meaning of Lent thinking about how I could give up pop or chocolate or junk food for 40 days and it would allow me to give something up that gave me pleasure yet help me lose weight at the same time. I don't have the fortitude to be any stricter because I know I won't stick with it, then after my g/f phoned I considered literally fasting for the next 40 days except 1 meal a day as that would help, then I was chastizing myself because #1 I could never do that and #2 all those reasons are selfish and have nothing to do with the meaning of Lent. I want to pray but feel I don't deserve what I'm asking for, that I'm not a good Christian and I'm being selfish by asking for a baby. I don't know how to pray, what to say . . . I want to say I have faith in God's plan for me but at the same time I fear greatly that this may be it - what if I'm only to have one child? I don't want to accept that so does that mean I'm denying God? Will he punish my lack of faith by not giving me another child? How do you have faith in God at the same time as you're questioning him and how do you not wonder if one cancels out the other?

I feel like I have no one I can talk to - no one I know struggles with infertility and I don't have any close church friends yet that I can vent my "faith" frustrations to. At the same time I don't have the "rah-rah" support I think I need to get motivated with the weigthloss.

February 25th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I went to the Shrove Tuesday dinner and service last night and the entire time I was at church I just had this complete sense of calm. I felt great driving home and when I got home I had to call my g/f (the one who's pregnant). I was on the phone with her for 30 min. and finely told her someone was at the door so I had to go. She just doesn't get that even though I'm happy for her, I need time to adjust and don't want to spend an hour every day hearing about every detail about her body, what she's planning, etc. It may be a little bit selfish but that's what I need right now. Anyways, I got off the phone and was upset again so I went in the kitchen and poured a Pepsi. We had a party on the weekend and I have 5 half bottles of pop in my kitchen. I sat and stared at the glass for half an hour then got up, dumped it out along with the 5 bottles. It felt really good.

So, today IS a new day. I'm in a better frame of mind. I will take it one day at a time. I know that if I stay focused on my healthy eating and exercise that I'll be able to do our next round of injectibles in the summer.

I was down 2.75 lbs last week. I'm at 266.75 - down 17.25 lbs from my highest of 284. My goal is to be at 255 by the end of March. I've pulled out my journal (and actually plan on using it this time). Exercise is where I always struggle. I can find the motivation to stick with my eating for a few weeks but the exercise drive is always lagging. My goal for the next 3 days (Wed, Thur, Fri) is to do 15 min of SOMETHING every day. I tend to plan all or nothing so if I can't get in a full workout I won't do anything, I eat instead (nice, huh?).

So that's where I'm at. So far today is a good day. My plan for Lent is to abstain from comfort foods for the 40 days - I've NEVER been able to do that before. That means no pop, buttery popcorn, chips, chocolate, baked goods. Since the Lenten fast is not observed on Sundays, that day I can have a "treat" if needed. I hope that because this is a huge challenge for me (because I'll need to find comfort through prayer instead of food) it will help show God that I am strong and that I've learned that I can choose to help move my life in a better direction. I guess Lent will be like a "spring cleaning" of the soul.

February 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
It's been a great day with a few moments where I almost gave in but didn't.

Food:
Orange (1)
Smartone lunch (6)
Celery (0)
Leftover 6" meatball sub (15)
6 oz salmon (6)
1c. corn (2)
Olive Oil Spray (0)
Cucumber and dressing (1)
1c. Chocolate Soy Milk (3)

Total points: 34

The sub wasn't a great snack and not what I planned, but I still stayed right on my WW daily point allotment and managed all my Lent goals today.

The added bonus: Eric and I did the 30 min. BL boot camp video together. I could barely do most of the exercises but I kept moving the whole time and broke a good sweat. My legs are all rubbery now but my spirit feels great. I'm trying not to think about Kim too much. When Eric went to bed we prayed for the health of the baby and that it'll be a girl since I know that's what she wants. I also asked God to help me find peace in whatever his plan is for me.

I have to weigh in at TOPS tomorrow night and as much as I hope I'm down, the weekend was bad I don't know if the last 2 days are enough to undo that. If I can break even I'll be really happy.

February 26th, 2009, 12:08 PM
So far I'm on track today.

Breakfast - 2 slices bread, 1 T. PB, 1 Banana, 1c. Choco Soy Milk (9 pt)
Snack - Orange (1 pt)
Lunch - Smartones, 1c. corn (6 pt)
Dinner - 4 sausages, 1/4c Rice (10)
PBB sandwich like brekkie (6)

I have to weigh in at TOPS tonight and I'm secretly hoping that the last 3 days will let me be down 2 lbs, however, as long as I stay the same and don't gain anything I'll be happy because it was a really bad weekend.

My legs feel like rubber today. I know I need to do the video again tonight. I just need to find time to squeeze it in between work, cooking dinner, weighing in and my 7pm board meeting.

I'm trying not to think about Kim and babies too much because I well up inside and want to cry. I'm trying to keep my focus strictly to making it to the next weigh in and how much better I'll feel each week. No matter what anyone says, I can not stop thinking about getting pg, so I'm trying to focus on how wonderful it'll be when I do get pg because I'll be so much healthier. I'm also trying to be dilligent about taking my meds regularly (anti depressants, Met and vitamins). I know it all takes time and usually I get focused on the time frame and size of the task (losing 100+ lbs) and get so overwhelmed I give up . . . NOT THIS TIME.

I have my cheering squad at home. My 4 year old knows that mommy has to lose weight to make a baby, so last night he took out the BL video and told me he'd help me. He did it with me and was telling when to start, when to stop, when I was breathing too fast or doing something wrong. It is really cute because he has delayed speech so he has to communicate with actions a lot of times. He says that Bob Harper is "his best man" and "his buddy". B)

DAY BY DAY, HOUR BY HOUR, I WILL DO THIS!

February 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
TOPS WEIGH IN: 267.25 - up .5 from last week. That's o.k. though since I've only been on the wagon 3 days (I know I was up 2 lbs. on Monday)

MY SCALE THIS MORNING: 266.8

So far so good. I didn't exercise yesterday - my leg was really bugging me and getting up and down hurt. Today it's even worse. I don't know what the heck those lunges and squats did to my quad muscle but HOLLY COW! I'm not sure if it's just overworked, strained, pulled or what. I'm going to try gently exercising it tonight and see how it does.

Breakfast - PB and banana sandwich, mocha (9 pt)
Lunch - Can chicken noodle soup, 6 crackers, pear (5 pt)
Snack - Orange (1 pt)

February 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I just got a call from Kim and her Dr's appt said she wasn't pregnant. I feel really sad and selfish for being jealous. I'll be praying all weekend that when she goes back on Monday that the test was wrong and she is.

March 2nd, 2009, 12:00 AM
Friday and Sat. were good food days although I didn't exercise at all. My leg finally started feeling better today.

Today was my "treat day" in lent and although breakfast, lunch and dinner I ate well, my inlaws brought over donuts and by an hour ago I'd eaten 3!!! No willpower to resist - ARGH! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Can't say I'm feeling overly positive or negative today, just kind of floating through the day. We'll see what the week ahead brings. I definitely need to make exercise a daily occurance though.

March 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
The scale this morning said 263.5 . . . I was like what the???!!! No way I lost that much since the weekend but I was happy to see the number anyways. I tend to flucuate by as much as 2 pounds from day to day which is why I try not to step on the scale every day. My official way in is Thursday evening at TOPS and I'm actually looking forward to it this week. Aside from my donut slip up on Sun. I've had a good week. Yesterday was a great food day and today is looking good as well.

I need to start working on some intentional exercise.

I'm having trouble concentrating at work this week. After much encouragement from my DH I've decided to start advertising my children's cakes to make some money on the side. I placed an ad on Craigslist and got a call this weekend and she wants me to do a cake in 2 weeks and one next month. Now my head is spinning with business ideas, etc. Luckily I'm not a huge fan of icing so it won't be a big challenge not eating it. I really enjoy doing the cakes so it'll be nice to make some pocket change doing something I enjoy. I'm really excited about making my first "business cake" in 2 weeks.

I'm feeling rather giddy and happy today which is VERY rare for me as I struggle with depression. Over the weekend when I found myself getting overwhelmed or worried about stuff I really started making a conscious effort to talk myself through it-out of it. I think it's helping to be more consciously aware of my feelings, ackowledge them and decide a course of action. I'm so tired of not being happy that I'm really trying to focus on the positive and the here and now.

Well, I best get back to work before I get caught! :-) I have a meeting tonight but I have to promise myself to get in 20 min. of exercise somehow . . .

March 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I've tried to get on here for 2 days and haven't been able to log in - Argh. Stupid upgrades.

Anyways, I weighed in last night and . . . drum roll, please . . . I was down 3lbs!!! Yay, me!

I'm now 263.75 (TOPS) 264.2 (HOME) HIP HIP HORRAY!

Yesterday and today were good days food wise. I'm being very conscious about what I eat and I've done really well. I even went to Tim Horton's with a friend last night and only had tea. We sat for 2 hours and talked and it never even bothered me.

At work is when I tend to get my sugar cravings which is when I turn to my coffee with lots of cream and 6 sugar cubes . . . yes, I said 6 sugar cubes. These last 2 weeks have been great as my bladder is not bothering me either since I've cut out all pop and only have 1 tea or coffee (with limited sugar) a day.

I haven't been doing any intentional exercise since my leg injury (after one exercise session). I'm trying not to be negative about that since I'm doing really good with my food choices and this next week is going to be a stressful week. My mom's birthday is tomorrow so I'm having her and my sister for dinner. Next Sat. my mom and I are putting on a dinner for 22 people and we still have to plan and shop for the meal. As well, I have to bake and decorate a 1st birthday cake for my first "official" client, to be delivery 3 hours before the big dinner starts. It's going to be a crazy week.

Oh, I also have my annual Dr's check up on Tuesday. At least I'm down about 5 or 6lbs from my check up last year. I'll get her to book my re-referral to my RE and then I can postpone that appt until I'm down to 240 as needed to start our next round of injectibles. I'm hoping that the weightloss and better eating habits will help with my IR and PCOS as well. I can't wait to say I'm officially down 10% - that's only 8.2 more lbs.

I'd really like to hit 260 in 2 weeks. I haven't been out of the 260's since I was 20 weeks pregnant. My ultimate goal (if I don't get pregnant) is to be at 200 lbs on New Year's Eve - That's very doable as it's 43 weeks and just under 1.5 lbs per week.

March 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Well not much to report. Sunday was my "off" day since I don't have to follow my Lent restrictions and I really went off. I had a mini bag of cheesies and hot dog and pop for lunch (church fundraiser). I then had about 8 chocolate chip cookies during the coarse of the day and some almond bark. OIY!

I'm just praying for a loss tomorrow night - anything over a pound would be awesome. This morning I weighed and my scale at home said 263.2 which would be down 1 pound from last week - however last week's weight of 264.2 was after work so we'll just have to wait and see tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search