Seanaci's Weightloss Journey (4/7/09)

Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs

Start your own weightloss journal. Keep track of your weightloss struggles and progress.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss Journals and Logs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
It's time for me to start blogging/journeling about my weight loss journey. I've had struggles and I've had successes. I'm ready for my journey to more successful than full of set backs and struggles.

I realise I will struggle. I realise I will have my bad days. But, I also know I will have my good days and weeks and loses. This journal is an account of where I've been, and where I am going now.

In the past, I haven't cared much about my weight...until I go pregnant with my son. I dind't feel that I looked pregnant with him...just that I'd gotten fatter. I didn't see a baby belly...I just saw a fat slob. It wasn't until after he was born and we were past our newborn struggles with him that I would look and the mirror and hated what I saw.

I started back in January trying to eat healthy and workout more. But I was full of excuses as to why the month wasn't a successful weight loss month for me...from my son getting sick to me getting sick. Lame excuses I realize now.

February wasn't any better. I promised myself I'd start the 1st of the month. Yeah. That didn't happen.

I signed up for WW in March, determined to hold myself accountable for my actions and my journey. But after a week of frustration trying to remember to record my food intake and exercise, I gave up on that.

April has been the best month so far for me. I didn't actually start anything until the 7th, but the important thing is, I started and I've kept with it. Sure, I had 3 days of good exercise and portion control, as well as an increase of water intake, but then I had 4 days of very little exercise and not so much focus on portion control. But, I'm confident in myself that I can keep focused on the end goal. That I can keep exercising and watching my portions.

Do I have the support and motivation I need to keep on this journey? I have the support and motivation of myself to keep on this journey. I wish though I had the support and motivation of my family. Why? I'm a SAHM. My husband, son, and I live with my parents so that I can be a SAHM. Being as such, I am the one who cooks dinner 4 days a week. And it's hard to me to justify cooking one meal for me and one for the rest of the family. I know...it may be better for me in the long run, but time wise and money wise, it's just not an option.

My goal for the current time is to just watch my portions. I know that is a HUGE part of why I weigh what I do. I've never measured or approximated my portions. I just always dish up whatever I feel hungry for and then end up shoving it down and feeling like crap later because I ate too much. The last week and a half I have been careful to pay attention to what and how much I put on my plate. I have also been slowing down when I eat, as well as putting my fork/spoon down between bites and drinking lots of water before a meal. So far it seems to be helping...and I don't feel like I'm snacking as much, if at all at night before bed.

Exercising is going well, too. I had bought TBL Workout DVD, but in the first week had loads of problems with my knees. Probably from not working out so intensely in a long time. So I quit using that DVD and pulled out my WATP DVD's. I'm doing either 1 or 2 miles a day for now. I hope to work myself up to either a solid 2 miles a day or possibly 3 miles on good days.

Overall, it's time for no more excuses. It's time for accountability and consistency. It's time for me to live a healthy life for me and for my family.

Short Term Goals:
1) Get down to 200 pounds by the end of the year
2) Get down to 175 pounds by June of 2010.

Long term Goals:
1) Get healthy and stay healthy me
2) Get healthy and stay healthy for my son and future children
3) Get down to at least 175 pounds (I know I would still be considered overweight, but I see it as a more attainable goal than saying outright I'm going to get down to 155 which would just put me in the healthy range)
April 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
4/17/09

Feel like crap right now. And I totally shouldn't. Ate my normal breakfast (3/4 of a cup Special K cereal w/ 3/4 of a cup of 2% milk). Haven't had lunch yet...but will get to it once I'm done on here. I ventured out into our nasty snow/rain weather to do grocery shopping with my 18 month old son. Came home, the flakes were HUGE, so I brought Keegan in, and then proceeded to bring groceries in and just throw them in the door so I could get out of the wet cold weather. My back hurts now. Which I'm wondering if it because I was loading my arms with too many grocery bags. Ugh.

Oh well. I'll eat lunch, take a few advil, and just relax.

Oh. I weighed in this morning...down to 254.8...as you can see from my ticker, I'm down 3 pounds since I started my journey! Yay!

Need to get some before pictures up so when I hit my goals I can SEE the progress!
April 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
TanyaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job on the 3lb loss Seanaci!!! As much as it sucks to do the before pictures I think it is so worth it in the end to see just how far you have come!!!

April 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Tanya, I'm going to have Ken help me take a couple before pictures tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search